Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike to Work Schemes
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

I was looking over the weekend and some seem to have different fees…

Are they all pretty much the same and should my focus me soley on the fee or should I use any particular one over another?

Greybeard
    Free Member

When I used the scheme, I had to use the one my employer had signed up with; I’d have thought every employer would only work with one scheme?

patriotpro
    Free Member

You might be right, it’s the girlfriend’s employer that i’ll be using…I better ask her to check that. 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

Savings are pretty crap these days, better off getting a discounted 2012 bike if you can find one

patriotpro
    Free Member

Really? That bad… It’s a 456Ti (frame/forks) i’m wanting and noticed yesterday that they want a 10% “fee” 🙁

riddoch

Generally the schemes only let you buy complete bikes or (safety related) accessories.

Trimix
    Free Member

Dont get someone to do a scheme, get your employer to do it. All they do is adjust your gross pay and send you a letter telling you.

There is no “scheme” all it is, is a salary sacrifice. Nothing more or less. They just underpay you the amount you owe for teh bike over a period of months/years.

fandango
    Free Member

The 10% admin fee is the about the going rate. Your GF’s employer is likely to have signed up to a company. The key as to whether it is worth it or not is the end of term payment; make sure you are aware of what it is.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Dont get someone to do a scheme, get your employer to do it. All they do is adjust your gross pay and send you a letter telling you.

Does that mean it can be done between the employer and retailer?

The key as to whether it is worth it or not is the end of term payment; make sure you are aware of what it is.

Agreed, need to find that out for sure, good call.

tthew

The scheme requires your girlfriend to ride the bike to work and back. The chances of anyone ever checking up on this are probably pretty much non-exisitant, but if they ever did she’d probably be liable to pay off the bike in full, and any tax benefit.

Don’t know if this may bother you, or her, (doesn’t me when I’ve had bikes in the past) but poss something else just to consider.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike to Work Schemes’ is closed to new replies.