Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Garmin Pay via Revolut
  • Pieface

Does anyone have this set up?

My current bank doesn’t support Garmin Pay, but understand that I can use Revolut. Would that be like getting a Currency card that I can top up with a debit card, and I associate the Revolut card with my Garmin Pay / device?

Aidy
    Free Member

I use Curve – that might be a better solution for you. Rather than topping up, just backs onto your existing card(s).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I kept meaning to get a starling account for the same reason, then I ‘downgraded’ to an instinct solar, which doesn’t do Garmin Pay, so one less thing to procrastinate about.

😂

oldtennisshoes

I had curve on my Garmin watch but my card stopped working and their customer service is rubbish, so it no longer works. I might get a revolut card though.

savoyad

Curve works perfectly on garmin pay for me. Less hassle than revolut.
    Curve – you add your existing card(s) to curve. you add your curve card to garmin pay. garmin pay uses curve, which passes the transaction seamlessly to your real life card
    Revolut – you add your revolut card to garmin pay. garmin pay uses your revolut balance. So you need to fund the revolut card so it can cover garmin transactions. this can be painless, but it’s an extra step.

Pieface

Ok thanks all, I’ll look in to those options.

oldtennisshoes

Also, be careful how you use the Curve card. It’s great for buying small stuff whilst out and about, but if I understand it correctly, you lose some of the protection from using a credit card directly. So for holidays and big things, that you might want the security of paying by credit card, it isn’t the smart choice IMHO.

TLDR Curve is great for buying your lunch, but be wary of buying a holiday with it.

Aidy
    Free Member

Curve do have their own customer protection policy, but I’ve never tested it.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I have Revolut, Starling and Curve on my Garmins.

All work fine no problem. ✅

oikeith

timely post as my new Garmin has Garmin pay but I noticed not many highstreet banks support it, will look into Curve now.

gilesmartin81

On the fenix 5 you have to enter a passcode to use Garmin pay (I set up Revolut successfully) which makes it harder to use than putting a card in your pocket or having your phone with you.

oldtennisshoes

which makes it harder to use than putting a card in your pocket or having your phone with you.

Facial recognition for payment is not working great for me at the moment (in Scotland).
    I no longer carry cards or use cash.
    On my Fenix 6x Pro I only need to enter the passcode once in 24hrs if I don’t take it off.

After you successfully enter your passcode, you can make payments without a passcode for 24 hours while you continue to wear your watch. If you remove the watch from your wrist or disable heart rate monitoring, you must enter the passcode again before making a payment.

oikeith

Curve app downloaded, card added and Garmin pay set up, will test later to see if it works!

On the fenix 5 you have to enter a passcode to use Garmin pay

I used numbers not too far from the default starting position which shouldnt make it too much of an hassle to use, or as oldtennishshoe quoted, you only need to enter it once per day so if I am going somewhere and intend to use it and will be leaving my phone or wallet behind will do the passcode then for easier transaction later.

muggomagic

As above Face ID hasn’t worked in shops for the last year or so for me and so Garmin Pay has become my most used way of paying. I rarely bother taking my wallet out unless I know I’m going to need it and taking just a card out and putting it in a pocket would certainly mean it’d get lost, most likely when I get home and put it down somewhere “safe”.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never use a card or cash here either, but I always have my phone with me, even out for a long run, mainly for taking pics tbh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Pay via Revolut’ is closed to new replies.