Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin Instinct not updated software
  • iainc

I have an Instinct that is about 8 months old. It’s currently on Software version 3.2. My iPhone 7, to which it is synced though Garmin Connect, is on 4.19. I don’t have a PC to run Garmin Express and connect via USB, as I use a Chromebook at home (which won’t run Garmin Express by default) and work laptop is full of security. Any ideas ?

oldtennisshoes

Interested in this too. You’d think that there should be a way to force an update.

nuke

I had this issue and loaded garmin express… didn’t help complete the sw update but it did tell me there was no room on the Instinct for the update. Cleared my activities off the watch & then the update worked so try that still using Connect

iainc

boom 🙂 that did it, many thanks !

honourablegeorge

Your instinct and iPhone arent running the same software, there’s no reson the version numbers would be the same – 4.19 is the app on your iPhone. My Instinct is up to date running 4.0

iainc

^^^ Thanks, I had wondered about that. I deleted all the activities on the watch and it is in the process of doing a software update.

oldtennisshoes

Mmm deleted all activities, but it’s not doing the software update 🙁

iainc

mine updated according to the app, then I went into the menu on the watch, software auto update and hit a yes on download V4

CraigW
    Free Member

On Windows, the Garmin WebUpdater software often works better than Garmin Express.

Or it is possible to do a manual update, if you can find the GCD file. Then just copy it onto the device.
    http://gawisp.com/perry/

iainc

^^^^ err, no :

I don’t have a PC to run Garmin Express and connect via USB, as I use a Chromebook at home (which won’t run Garmin Express by default) and work laptop is full of security.

🙂

CraigW
    Free Member

You could use the Chromebook to do a manual update. It is just copying a file onto a disk drive.

iainc

yes, good point, thanks. The tip earlier up about wiping all the activities off the watch to make space for the update worked a treat, so all sorted now !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Instinct not updated software’ is closed to new replies.