Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Instinct GPS going awry
  • bob_summers

I know a few have got them on here. Looked at the watch last night to see I was knocking out 3m45/kms. Highly unlikely while jogging with piriformis pain. Looking at the track, it’s all over the place, added an extra KM onto what is always a 10k run. It’s been fine/consistent for almost a year

Anyone had this? I’ve changed the data recording from ‘smart’ to ‘1sec’, haven’t tried it yet. Anything else to try, other than a factory reset? I think every Garmin device I’ve owned in the last 10 years has needed resetting every so often…

CraigW
    Free Member

Check if it has the latest firmware.

Also check what GPS mode it is using. eg just GPS, or Glonass or Galileo. They might cause problems.

bob_summers

FW is the latest – my trail running settings were GPS only, so changed to GPS+Glonass to see if it makes a difference. Have only seen this problem on the last 2 runs though.

el_boufador

Funny you should say this. Mine similarly has been accurate, except one ride last week when it went all over the shop. Fine since though

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mine had a bit of a wobble 2 nights ago. Lost 30 minutes before I went to bed, so I resynced it with phone to adjust.

The alarm then didn’t go off in the morning.

Its had a recent update to 5.70 but it’s never happened before. I’m keeping an eye on it as I really rely on the silent vibrate alarm when I get up at silly o’clock and don’t want to wake the g/f.

bob_summers

Did a factory reset and it seems to be behaving after a run this morning. Bit of a pain as I’ll never remember how I had the custom screens. Why do garmins always need resetting to work properly?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Instinct GPS going awry’ is closed to new replies.