Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Garmin help needed tonight.
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

For the mornings ride. I am trying to send a GPX route to my 800. Usual method. GPX route dragged and dropped into “new files”. PC screen says its being sent yet when I open up “courses” nowt is there. I have tried sending it to “course” as well even though I know that’s not the right way.
    I know the 800 and PC are communicating as I was able to delete a stack of unwanted courses from the “courses” folder via the PC. Any bright ideas?

cp

Have you unplugged from pc and restarted gps before looking in courses? It only finds new routes on boot up.

mattsccm
    Free Member

yes.
    You can’t switch it on plugged in.

mattsccm
    Free Member

TCX file doesn’t work either.

zilog6128

Have you actually verified it’s in the “new files” folder? Do you have an SD card in the 800 & if so are you copying it to the right place?

mattsccm
    Free Member

It won’t show in New Files on the PC.
    SD card there. No idea where on the Garmin its being saved to. Never seen an option before.

scotroutes

Another thing to check is that you are “Ejecting” the card/connection after doing the transfer and before disconnecting.

mattsccm
    Free Member

??? Never heard of that or had to do it before as far as I know. Please explain.

scotroutes

Carrying out an “Eject” on any sort of remote drive ensures that the file is written and isn’t held up in some cache somewhere. I’ve had this happen using my Garmin; copy file over, disconnect, look for file, it’s not there. USB protocols should prevent this but sometimes don’t.

Might just be worth a try

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just realised that’s its not properly talking to the PC. In course on the PC I have deleted all the old ones.
    On the 800 only some have gone. Double checked.
    File manager shows Garmin twice. Identical drop downs etc . tried exporting to both and deleting from both. Makes no difference. Could 1 be the SD and the other the built in memory?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Eject as in with a memory stick. Done that , nothing. Several times. New cables don’t fix it.

scotroutes

Yes.

mattsccm
    Free Member

When I try the other drop down and drag and drop I get the message that its already there.
    Look as if its in the gps but I can’t find it.

mattsccm
    Free Member

So one is the SD and the other the GPS. Just clicked properties and tis is confirmed. Tried sending it to both and as I just said, the 2nd time I try it asks me if I want to over write the one that’s there.
    Am I doing something daft with the unit itself.
    I just go to courses and expect to see it.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Wonder if its a window 10 issue but shouldn’t be. Not done this since w10 installed.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Removed the Sd. Doesn’t work but now only 2 courses are showing as being there.
    Maybe its a duff course I created.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Use the free Garmin Base camp mapping software to import upload assuming your garmin isn’t full this will work.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Garmin help needed tonight.’ is closed to new replies.