Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Tributes for Paris
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It is amazing how fast tributes for Paris are arranged around the world:

How do they do it so quickly?

gobuchul
    Free Member

As per the other thread.

Portable lighting sets, colour filters and generators?

or are suggesting that the caretaker at the Sydney Opera house was told last month to go and but a set of red, white and blue lighting sets, “just in case”?

I don’t know why I am bothering to even reply to this nonsense.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think 3 coloured light bulbs in a few prominent places requires the secret planing of collapsing a building with internal explosives no one sees you plant and nor does it indicate they knew it was coming as I assume you are trying to imply

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/14/sydney-opera-house-red-white-and-blue-world-cities-adopt-the-tricolore-paris-attack-reaction

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I was thinking more along the lines of just how amazing humans can be, but thanks for the cynicism…

mikey3
    Free Member

It’s amazing how fast pointless trolls organise,but hey you’re getting the bites so knock yourself out,hope it makes you hard.What are you wearing?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

So much for peace and solidarity…

granny_ring

Some grumpy people this morning……

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Some solid answers so far, keep em coming…

A more pratical explanation may be better though, at least gobuchul and JY have given it a bash

sc-xc

These landmarks are used quite often for various events….I’d bet that all sorts of AV type functionality is factored into the normal running.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadly they got to practice in January.

mattbee

‘Feature’ lighting on lots of large buildings have the ability to change colour so it can’t have been that hard to programme in. Prob took 10 min tops.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

These landmarks are used quite often for various events….I’d bet that all sorts of AV type functionality is factored into the normal running.

This.

I like the idea of demonstrating that people are in your thoughts whether that’s on a national or personal level I just can’t see the harm in it. Surely even the most cynical cant view the world trade centre image without a sense of great poignancy.

[edit]
    If you allow yourself to be drawn into it then the symbolism in this image is astounding.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed Matt, it took them about 10mins to get the tri-colour sorted out and the colours lined up in January in Trafalgar Square. We watched them do it as night fell.

milky1980
    Free Member

My brother-in-law works in the theatre business putting up displays like this regularly (on a smaller scale) and the tech guys can do it very quickly indeed. The modern LED lights and projectors make it simple when you know how to work them. I’d imagine a lot of the landmarks (Sydney opera House etc) would have a permanent fixture for displaying show adverts anyway so just a case of powering everything up and choosing the image.

It’s more the solidarity of everyone doing it without asking and the speed of which it all happened that’s more impressive

Travis

It’s very impressive.

Now, if we can just shine the flag over the IS occupied land, and take some pictures of it, then distribute it to them, give them a bit of propaganda to think about.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Thanks milky, helps make a bit more sense of it~ part of me was wondering how they managed to get not only equipment, but people in at such short notice.

Stands as testament to how a crisis brings people together.

Drac

You can buy LED bulbs for your home that do millions of colours so they’re readily available commercially too. A few local places around changed the colours too.

piemonster

This thread reminds me of Gail Porter.

So, in answer to the OP. No, the ‘speed’ of these tributes is not amazing.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of Gail Porter.

I humbly admit your wit goes right over my head… what are you on about?

piemonster

Google Gail Porter Westminster.

No idea how long ago that was, at least 10 years at a guess.

Edit:1999 apparently

MoreCashThanDash

You may have to be certain age to get the Gail Porter thing. I dread to think how long ago that seemed a good idea to someone!

MoreCashThanDash

Too slow!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Ah, naked ladies…

was she projected at myriad sites around the world in under 24 hours?

You’d have to be pretty confident of your assets in a situation like that

cbike
    Free Member

For installed LED – Phone the supplier, book a tech, reprogram the lighting control, may even be done remotely or by building maintenance.

Projection mapping just needs a vehicle/scaff tower, a photo of the building and a laptop. Sydney and brandenburg gate look like they might be done this style. In fact you can see the truck at brandenburg.

It is quite often the tech that would do it off their own back or management may remember ‘the last time we did it for….so and so?”

Sandwich

This is quite astounding and I never thought to see it after the last 40 odd years of horror there.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Certainly wide ranging…

What’s that thing above the French flag?

WillH

What’s that thing above the French flag?

The Egyptian flag

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So the poster seems to follow his previous form of starting off a thread about terrorism with some sort of bloated nonsense about a conspiracy and then claims to just want sensible answers.

What have you done with jhj?

tomhoward

Woppit, I called him on it yesterday, but my post was deleted.

Makes you think

*thinks* wonder if OP thought it would take a huge team months to plan, hence the conspiracy theory. Then it turned out to take 2 blokes in a van 10 mins to sort…. ‘Aren’t humans brilliant’

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

You don’t half find some funny types on internet forums…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc[/video]

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Tributes for Paris’ is closed to new replies.