• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by colp.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin fenix, multi activity workouts?
  • MSP

Does anyone have a clue how I could set up a multiple activity workout on a fenix (or preferably garmin connect)?

Something like

10 mins elliptical
    5 mins concept 2 rower
    5 mins ski erg
    2 mins battle ropes
    etc

The “cardio” workout planner only seems to have listed strength training exercises, and the custom seems only to be for a single exercise. There doesn’t even seem to be an option to set up traditional multi sports training sessions, ie run/bike/run, which seems a bit odd.

rascott
    Free Member

I think you can edit the “Triathlon” app to whatever you want. Never tried it myself but ultimately there’s nothing special about any of the activity “apps” on the Fenix 3 – they are just collections of different measurements for different sports which you can edit. So you should be able to edit and rename the profiles within “Triathlon” to your heart’s content

Flaperon

You might be better off sticking with the generic “Cardio” activity. The triathlon profile (even copied or edited) isn’t really designed for what you want to do.

Instead create a custom workout and just assign labels and timers to each interval.

(BTW Garmin Connect is down at the moment which might be why you’re struggling…)

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

You can get free Tabata timer apps for your phone which would at least tell you when to work and when to rest/repeat etc. Maybe even edit the names?

MSP

Holly thread resurrection batman!

colp

Ha! I noticed the late replies too.
    Did you ever sort something?

My home workout is
    2 mins elliptical cross trainer
    2 mins weights, core

Repeat for 30 mins

ATM I just use the strength setting to track the weights bit and leave the elliptical bit just counting steps.

Would be nice to set up something custom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin fenix, multi activity workouts?’ is closed to new replies.