Home Forums Bike Forum Garmin Bike Computers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Garmin Bike Computers
  • dadster21
    Free Member

Thinking of adding a Garmin to my Christmas present list from Santa. I like the idea of a simple bike computer set-up that can change from bike to bike – but is the extra money for the Garmin 500 worth it or should I just go for the 200? Also, are they any good in comparison to a ‘normal’ bike computer that costs just a few quid?

thorpie
    Free Member

Don’t know yet but I have ordered a Edge 200, should be here in the next few days but it was the simplicity that did it for me,no set up needed. Don’t need mapping so the 200 should be ample for what I need.

Trevor.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve got an Edge 205, and it’s nice to have stuff like Virtual Partner for regular routes, see if you can beat yer best time and that, and can view routes on Google Earth. Occasionally useful for following routes where I’ve bin led by someone else and might otherwise not remember it exactly.

Yeah, it’s nice to have but little more than a toy for me personally really. A useful training aid but a cheapo bike computer does almost as good a job imo for the basic things.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Bike Computers’ is closed to new replies.