Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • garburn pass
  • philfive
    Free Member

Anyone know how long it should take from stavely to troutbeck, garburn, kentmere then staveley?

thanks

philfive
    Free Member

Anyone?

anc
    Free Member

No more than a couple of hours if you’ve got ok fitness.

Daffy

As mentioned above, 2.5-3.5 hours….weather and fitness dependant

tomaso
    Free Member

What Daffy said unless your are some kind of fitness freak :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Has it been sanitised yet though?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Can you do it in the middle ring or does it need granny?

liquid
    Free Member

I took my granny, she did nothing but complain grandad however was busting moves all the way down

simon1975

Has it been sanitised yet though?

I rode it last month from Troutbeck to Kentmere. It’s got loose gravel all over it now, which made the climb almost impossible in places – the gradient wasn’t the problem, it was the lack of traction. The descent into Kentmere used to be quite challenging with lumpy rocks in places; now the challenge is to stay upright on all the loose gravel and stones which encourage high speeds but aren’t actually much fun to ride on 🙁

liquid
    Free Member

This isn’t santisation on the Kentmere side – it changes after each storm / dry spell

traildog
    Free Member

Last time I was up (which was quite a few months back), it had been sanitised on the troutbeck side. This often gets done and it almost never survives a winter.
    It’s still a tough climb, and traction is an issue as mentioned above. Not as good as it used to be. I need to drop to a 22T ring so I think if you’ve only a middle you maybe walking sections, although you might well be stronger than me (which isn’t difficult).
    Anyway, I’d imagine the route you describe would be 2 hours.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘garburn pass’ is closed to new replies.