Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Garages don’t want you to know this simple trick !1!!
  • Northwind

In these difficult times, every penny helps so I thought I would share this simple walkthrough of how to refresh the black stuff in your car

One, remove the black stuff:

Two, remove the bits:

A lot of bits like to hide inside this thing, so open it up:

Trapped inside the thing was a bit of kitchen roll or something and even more bits! I don’t know why they put all these little bits in the car tbh but they’re not doing anything and taking them out saves you some weight and therefore fuel. All these ways they have to take money from you!

Much better, no danger of any bits getting trapped in here any more!

They tell you to replace the thing but that’s a scam, never trust Big Garage! Instead, just use a good quality tape

Lastly, put the thing back where it came from, and then put the black stuff back in

It’s not just cheap, it’s environmentally friendly too! Before I knew these simple tricks I used to throw my old black stuff in the river, now i know I can reuse it!

sirromj

Will this work on my push bike?

goldfish24

Follow this Link to find out how you can turn your spare black stuff into £250 a day.

Drac

How very prehistoric.

prettygreenparrot

I opened the bonnet of my car and all I found was an Aldi shopping bag!

Flaperon

Might be me but it seems to me that quite a lot of that metal stuff should still be in the engine to make it work.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I didn’t believe what happened next!!!

oldnick

“Before I knew these simple tricks I used to throw my old black stuff in the river, now i know I can reuse it!”

But but but where will we get fish oil if everyone stops doing this?

timba
    Free Member

This handy trick will make the Environment Agency a thing of the past

jimmy

I don’t understand. What did he do?

whatgoesup

Absolute idiot. This is dangerous and will damage your engine don’t do it.

What he has failed to do is to put all of the metal bits back in the top hence robbing the engine of needed metal. You need to rinse out the inside of the containers to get all the bits back in the top. I use a mix of washing up liquid and water to get all the final bits out – gives the engine insides a wash as you drive which is a nice bonus.

singletrackmind

Mom of 5 makes gold, what she did next will SHOCK you!!!!
    Etc

thols2

You need to rinse out the inside of the containers to get all the bits back in the top. I use a mix of washing up liquid and water to get all the final bits out – gives the engine insides a wash as you drive which is a nice bonus.

Much better to use petrol. Not only will it clean the inside of your engine, it will evaporate and get sucked through the PCV system, gives you a ghetto turbocharger effect.

kormoran
    Free Member

Who’s here in 2022???

joshvegas
    Free Member

Власть Родине Русской. Путин спасет нас всех от украинских агрессоров

thols2

когда обезьяна падает с дерева, она все равно обезьяна, а когда Путин войну проиграет, он будет никем

mert
    Free Member

Actual genuine lol when a friend sent me this yesterday…

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/drivers-save-fuel-hidden-button-27232800

eddiebaby
    Free Member

🙂

I love it when folk say “I’ve got this great hack!” when they mean “I read the manual and found this feature”.

the-muffin-man

Anyone know what Susan Tully looks like nowadays!?

singletrackmind

Joe Cockers dead?

doomanic

Joe Cocker’s dead what?

Drac

Joe Cockers dead?

All of them?

devash
    Free Member

I was going to click this link, but then I saw…..

Cougar

I opened the bonnet of my car and all I found was an Aldi shopping bag!

Ooh, check the boot, there might be a spare!

hopefiendboy

Lolz

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Scotty, is that you?

DickBarton

Aware this is wind-up, but I’m still completely lost by it…it appears instead of engine oil, the suggestion is to use Pepsi Max…

snotrag

Ah pre-facelift 2 litre NC? Got the old ‘knock knock’ going on have we!?

thols2

Actual genuine lol when a friend sent me this yesterday…

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/drivers-save-fuel-hidden-button-27232800

trick is to run the aircon on full blast but wind the windows down. This lets the aircon generate jet thrust which will improve fuel economy.

footflaps

You could save even more money by using own brand cola rather than filling your engine with Pepsi…..

footflaps

Also, this doesn’t quite look right….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nt7YCq]This[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Northwind

@footflaps, there was a box full of air at the front of that but it seems needlessly expensive to keep refilling the air, when you can get free air just like out of the sky.

DickBarton

Aware this is wind-up, but I’m still completely lost by it…it appears instead of engine oil, the suggestion is to use Pepsi Max…

OK so, the engine is knackered- it’s torn up a bearing, probably previous owner ran the oil low. I dumped out the oil mostly just to see what was in it- I’ve driven the car quite a lot with the knock, so I wanted to see how much crap was in the filter. But then I put it back together just so that I can drive it on and off the driveway, and realised halfway through that it looked like I was trying to actually reuse oil. But it’s already ****ed so it’s not really going to get much ****eder

snotrag

Ah pre-facelift 2 litre NC? Got the old ‘knock knock’ going on have we!?

Aye, got it from an old mate who was just going to scrap/webuyanycar it when the engine started to knock. Drove it from Reading to Edinburgh then did a trackday in it all the while tap-tap-tapping. Quite impressed that it held together tbh!

Weirdly it has rust in bits like the edges of some of the hardtop panels, but next to none in the arches and sills- the subframes etc look like they’ve been taken from a car that was parked in the sea, and then bolted to a good body. Never seen anything quite like it but, good for me. Stock of 2.5s totally dried up just as I got it home so it might be getting a slightly tuned 2.3 I found. Needs shocks and every single bushing replaced and it’d be a crime not to rustproof it. But even after all that it’ll be cheap

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.