Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garage doors for man cave/bike workshop.
  • nickdavies

There’s a few of you on here with very cool man caves, the few I like the best seem to have patio doors on though.
    Next refurb has a garage which I’m going to convert to a man cave, so insulated, floored & workshop but I’d like it to strike a halfway house between garage and room.

Thinking of changing the garage door but I want something that will seal properly and be insulated rather than a garage door, but still be usable as a garage door so a car can get in there. French doors or glazed bifolds are not any good here as it faces the street so I don’t want the contents on show.

What does stw think? I’ve found a few timber bifolds which I quite like. Anybody got any man cave pics with garage doors that actually give you a room? I want it to pass building regs as a habitable area. Think ideally some kind of standard size door with a 1/3rd opening on its own so you can’t see the full contents with the door open.

stuey
    Free Member

sorry – I can live in hope.

mark90
    Free Member

Sounds like you want something like this….

http://www.thegaragedoorcentre.co.uk/insulatedsidehingeddoors.php

I may have got similar but slope on drive prevented outward opening side hinged doors, so I’ve just had an insulated sectional door fitted. Made a big difference over the draughty old up and over.

stuey
    Free Member

mark90’s much better suggestion – when I lived with an old wooden ‘door in door bi-fold garage’ – the security was appalling .

stuey
    Free Member

.dp

mick_r

I’ve got the ones linked to above (they are made by Teckentrup). Nice doors, need fitting properly (wished I’d done it myself as installers bodged slightly). They can do some security upgrades at the factory (hinge bolts, better kite marked Euro lock and handle etc). Not cheap but fits your requirements perfectly. Tumble dryer and bike shoes, helmets etc are now out there and makes it much more like accessing a normal room / utility rather than a garage.

Also have a look at Ryterna who make something similar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garage doors for man cave/bike workshop.’ is closed to new replies.