Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Gammon
  • el_boufador

I didn’t know this was a thing until reading about it on various news sites today.

Hillarious! It’s properly hit the spot, has this

sirromj

Reported spam.

oldnpastit

Oh, very good!

batfink
    Free Member

“wall of gammon” is my favorite

Image result for wall of gammon

kimbers

There’s probably a serious medical point to be made about diet, exercise & definitely blood pressure here.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

diet

Just nothing forrin.

slowoldman

The big question is, egg or pineapple?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Both.

martinhutch

Gammon, gammon

footflaps

What’s even more funny/ironic is the racist Gammonites claiming calling them red faced is racist, you couldn’t made it up if you tried.

el_boufador

That’s exactly it footflaps. You can also read it the other way too, that the anti-racist left are being a bit racist. Nobody really winning, but very very funny, especially the right being so wound up!

wwaswas

Those I am not a robot tests are getting tougher:

(@OFalafel)

zilog6128

It really is a brilliant metaphor. The beauty is, you don’t need to try to reason with them anymore (which is an impossible task anyway) just constantly talk over them saying “Gammon!” loudly in a variety of amusing voices and watch as they slowly get more and more gammon-like before having a heart attack and keeling over.

I don’t think it is racist – you could definitely have a gammon-of-colour (it’s more about the way they act, really, than how they look) but no examples really spring to mind. Certainly I have encounted female gammon before so it isn’t sexist either!

SaxonRider

Other than gammon, what is this thread about?

tomhoward

White, middle aged men being marginalised.

#thestruggleisreal

wwaswas

White, middle aged men being feeling marginalised.

ftfy. well I would have done if the BBCode worked… [edit] it did! just not in preview.

Leku
    Free Member

They Don’t Like It Up ‘Em!

I’d happily wear a ‘Libtard’ tee-shirt. I doubt they would enjoy a ‘Gammon’ one.

perchypanther
    Free Member

What about the vegetarians ? We can’t marginalise them.

Shammon?

#fakegammon

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I wasn’t aware of this until yesterday, coincidently I also had gammon for tea.

I think the people claiming it’s racist are just ‘hamming’ it up.

tomhoward

FFS Wwaswas, these poor men are having their very existence erroded! Plus, how can you feel marginalised if you don’t have feelings? Not like those bloody commie lefty snowflake libtards

😉

rogermoore

Shammon?

RM.

miketually
    Free Member

The same people saying it’s racist probably don’t see an issue with the name they use for the corner shop.

stevied
    Free Member

corner shop

funkmasterp

The same people saying it’s racist probably don’t see an issue with the name they use for the corner shop.

One Stop?

zilog6128

I’d happily wear a ‘Libtard’ tee-shirt. I doubt they would enjoy a ‘Gammon’ one.

You say that… when they were discussing this on R2 yesterday there were a fair few people phoning/texting in saying they were “Gammon & Proud!”

footflaps

Handy chart for working out exact Gammon flavour….

Klunk
    Free Member

David Gammeron?

zilog6128

Handy chart for working out exact Gammon flavour….

must be some swatches missing… doesn’t even mention gay marriage, cyclists or people on benefits

binners

The bar at my local is like a supermarket meat isle

Northwind

“That’s exactly it footflaps. You can also read it the other way too, that the anti-racist left are being a bit racist.”

It was started by brexiteers to slag off David Cameron. And no it isn’t even a bit racist.

IHN

I’ve read all thirty posts in this thread, and I have no idea what it is about.

footflaps

I’ve read all thirty posts in this thread, and I have no idea what it is about.

Watch Question Time and then ask yourself what have all the pro-Brexit attendees got in common (other than racism, homophobia, an irrational hatred of foreigners etc).

BillMC

Best gammon: Countryside Alliance

Best porkers: Wetherspoons

rene59
    Free Member

I just see it as picking on peoples appearance TBH. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Northwind

“rene59 wrote,

I just see it as picking on peoples appearance TBH”

It’s not really though- I mean, my dad looks like a gammon steak, but he’s not gammon because it’s not just looks, it’s about the spluttering and pointing and rage. It’s a look rather than an appearance.

martinhutch

Michael Gammon

rene59
    Free Member

It’s still using a physical characteristic to point out a behavioural one. Funny how many of those banding the term about would make a big deal of someone doing the same in another situation.

Cougar

People turn red when they get angry.  That’s not a physical characteristic, it’s a physiological one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Gammon’ is closed to new replies.