Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gaming Laptop
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Anybody seen anything for around £750 that stands out?

loum
    Free Member

Dell outlet and Amazon warehouse sometimes have massive reductions but the best deals tend to sell very fast.
    I’d Research what you’re looking for then monitor those two sites and be ready to go when what you want pops up, there won’t be many available.

sobriety
    Free Member

Silly question, but do you absolutely need to have a gaming laptop?

They’re generally a pretty big compromise in terms of weight/battery/performance, and can’t be upgraded like a desktop can – for example on a desktop you’ll probably get 5+ years out of a cpu/motherboard/ram/case/power supply/monitor(s) before changing as you can bung new graphics cards and storage in easily as you require.

househusband

I went for a 15″ Lenovo L340 ‘Gaming’laptop four months ago – but not because I’m a gamer. Gets used primarily for 3D modelling using Autodesk Inventor and ticks all the boxes I need in terms of speed and ‘proper’ graphics card. Think I got it for just over £600 at the time as they had a ten percent off for new customers – think that is still going. I’ve since upgraded the SD drive and use it with a second monitor, USB keyboard and mouse.

Whether or not that sort of thing would be suitable for someone that wants a proper gaming computer I don’t know but £600 was all I could justify; with your budget it might be more sensible to go the desktop as suggested.

cranberry
    Free Member

Silly question, but do you absolutely need to have a gaming laptop?

They’re generally a pretty big compromise in terms of weight/battery/performance, and can’t be upgraded like a desktop can

+1

If you don’t need to move around, a desktop is a far better option in the long term.

thehustler
    Free Member

depending on what you want ……processor gfx card……..ram, take a look at the Medion Erazer range,typing this on their X7853, and when I got it last year it was by far the best spec available at its price point.

dyna-ti

Alienware fan here, though desktop not laptop.

They primarily do gaming and I’ve never had a problem. Everything loads pretty much maxed out, and they know people like to tweak so they leave that option open.
    Cant remember how old it is exactly, but at least 5 years, and still going strong.

TheFlyingOx

around £750

I got one of these for pretty much bang on £750. Probably a bit dated now but I’ve had no problem playing Elite Dangerous, The Witcher 3, Tom Clancy, etc.

seosamh77
    Free Member

cheers all, wasn’t for me anyhow, just a mate who wanted it, suggested a desktop myself. Was just curious if anyone had any bargains up their sleeve, so I could compare to what they had picked out, seemed a decent enough effert from what I could make out anyhow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gaming Laptop’ is closed to new replies.