Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Funny sized People – do you have a great time in the sales or what!?
  • allankelly

I need some new gloves. If I could fit XXS or XXL sizes, I'd be laughing. Medium – full price.

I wouldn't mind some new shoes either. Size 34 or 48, excellent. 42 – full price.

It's crap being average!

😉

What is annoying is websites that advertise stuff at hugely reduced prices without saying that they've only got these small/large sizes.

al.

DezB
    Free Member

Funny that, I was just looking for L merino tops and all Embers Merino have are M. There you go medium man.

Houns

It's great being skinny

aracer
    Free Member

Not necessarily, no. I take S in most things and size 41 shoes. Whilst I can sometimes get bargains, just as often I find shops only have the "average" sizes in.

Not a sale example, but the road shoes I'd like to try on appear to only be stocked by the manufacturer's own branded shops starting from size 42. I asked about getting some 41s in to try and they wanted a deposit off me! Not the first time I've had that problem with footwear – at least one big outdoor chain only stocked mens boots from 42.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Any colour prefrence on your gloves- may be able to help?

antigee

another size 42 which for a full blooded male me thinks is a bit on the small size and generally good for bargain footwear

nickc

I find being medium is increasingly become a niche size TBH. there's lots of places that mostly start at L for mens stuff, and have only things like tee shirts in any other sizes.

big_scot_nanny

Aye, for big freaks there might be more stuff in the sales (size 13 shoes), but really, you wouldn't want to buy most of it. "Hmm, yes, I would love to try on those NHS style tassled brogues, they're lovely" 😆

fatboyjon

It's normally a pain in the backside to find stuff that fits my bulkyness, but it pays off every now and then, like my Helly Hensen Boarding jacket that should have been £300 and cost me £49. Or my Goretex walking jacket that cost me £80 instead of £220.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I have a large head, this has paid off a few times, everything else not so much!

TooTall
    Free Member

Cycling clothing is made for malnourished labrats – XXXL is something puny like a 46" chest. Large isn't as big as it used to be, XL is smaller and few people even make t-shirts in XXL never mind carry stock. Gloves I have scored on, but the rest mostly don't exist.
    The American companies tease us with their 23" bikes and XXL frames on their websites, then don't import them.

YES SPECIALIZED – I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Funny sized People – do you have a great time in the sales or what!?’ is closed to new replies.