Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Full sus frame – 650b for 120mm-140mm fork, metal – what is there?
  • core

Anything available as a frame only option worth looking at? I’d be moving everything over from my Soul.

Cotic Flare is top of the list, but just wondering if I need look any further or am I missiing something glaringly obvious?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Transition Scout.

prawny

Bird Aeris

core

I’m going to say not boost now, sorry Prawny.

kraken2345
    Free Member

Those 3 are, in my experience, the most common ones mentioned in similar threads with the scout and flare being your more spendy options and your aeris being a cheaper alternative. Up to you on your budget etc which one but all get great reviews both on forums and in the press.

core

Thing is, I’d like to take the nearly new 120mm reba across from my Soul (which Cy and Paul have confirmed is fine), and my old fashioned 2×10, for now at least.

That fork might upset the Scout and the Aeris. The Aeris is sufficiently cheaper that I could get some bits to make the swap possible, but not sure a decent (boost) back wheel, 1x transmission and a fork swap are possible for £500………..

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Mondraker Foxy?

joemmo
    Free Member

Don’t canyon sell some frame only options? I think some of their frames are 2x compatible and non-boosted.

weeksy

Sell the bike and buy a Whyte T130SX for £1300 new.

core

Linky?

batman11
    Free Member

Intense spider in alloy if you can find one.
    Production privee no5 is loverly and will take a 140mm fork.

joebristol

Air drop Edit is non boost and available frame only…..

core

I just had an email from Dan @ Bird, the Aeris 120 runs 120mm forks fine he says. That just means I’d need a rear boost wheel and a 1x drivetrain.

batman11
    Free Member

Wolf tooth and production privee do a boostinator thing to take a 142 hub up,to 148 boost. You just need to realign the wheel a bit afterwards there about £30 ish.
    Drive train is the easy bit really.

Alex

I did the boostinator thing. Works fine. Obviously you don’t get the ‘benefits’ of a wider flange, but for the cost v a new wheel, can’t say I cared/noticed.

Worth trying to find the boostinator thing in the UK as I ordered from US and forgot about the tax which added £18!

core

So, I could go either Flare, which would set me back £1500 all said and done (deal with lbs) on the trail.

Aeris doesn’t work out any cheaper once you add the shock, axle, headset and 1x drivetrain. Might be a bit lighter but I’d rather the flare and have the option of going up to 140mm.

confused58

I have a large Aries120 frameset for sale if its of interest.

V happy with it, but having been used to 150/160mm travel I decided to change to an Aries 145.

Sorry for the stealth ad, but thought the frame may be of interest…

core

Might be, what colour and price? PM or email me if you like, email in profile. Would need a large.

batman11
    Free Member

Might be worth contacting D&D cycles in barnham as they have got in some wolf tooth dropper leavers in and there are production privee importers so they might be able to sort out the boostinator wigit if needed.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Bit longer travel (140) but used Aeris Mk1.5?

Transferable lifetime warranty, takes a front mech, and non-Boost.

GregMay
    Free Member

I think you answered your own question.

Flare

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Full sus frame – 650b for 120mm-140mm fork, metal – what is there?’ is closed to new replies.