Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Full body scans – Should we worry?!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

easygirl

not unless you have a load of drugs or explosives hidden on or inside you!

tankslapper
    Free Member

😆

scuttler

Definitely yeah – peedos and everything looking at your kids. Terrible.

scuttler

"Brown pledges to tackle 'terror threat' in Yemen"

"Gordon Brown promises full body scanners at UK airports"

"Brown commissions UK tech industry to invent machine to stop goal posts moving"

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Think of the poor sods that have to look at all those fat brit holidaymakers minging physiques – put you off your dinner.

Kit
    Free Member

Not worried in the slightest as I can't afford to go on holiday.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Now there's also going to be a market for clothes that display naughty messages only visible to the body scanner.
    I'm going to cut a large larger cock out of tin foil and stick it down my trousers 🙂

Northwind

Personally I'd sooner be bodyscanned than have a close physical search. Not too bothered about either but it seems less invasive to walk through a machine than to get the full pat down and nad weighing I always seem to get.

Generally, I'm right in on the civil liberties argument, and the "rushed in as a response to hysteria not because it's any good" argument, but these things do basically seem like a good idea if regulated right. The ones they're demoing don't show massive detail for that matter.

Course, the usual argument- that really good airport security would just move potential bombers onto softer targets- remains 100% true.

allthepies
    Free Member

small schlong and scared of p*sstaking operators ?

sobriety
    Free Member

One thing that's always got me is the size of the queues to get through security in uk airports, surely if you were so inclined you could blow yourself up there, in a large crowd, rather than try to sneak the bomb onto a plane…meh.

aracer
    Free Member

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I've been through the full body scanners they trialled at T4 loads of times and they are VERY revealling.

Knob size.

Lard.

It is ALL visible.

But funny…..

tankslapper
    Free Member

So, what your saying is go through the scanner with a set of false gnashers attached to your manhood?

luked2
    Free Member

What's the X-ray dose you get from these things?

scraprider
    Free Member

only if your a brainwashed **** about to blow an airplane up .

smogmonster

As someone who flies 40 – 50 times per year, i welcome anything that makes it a bit safer. They can see my wobbly bits…dont give a damn. Its hardly foolproof, but if it makes it just that bit safer im all for it.

DavidB
    Free Member

DrRSwank is right. You should ask to see your image. I did at T4 and it is hilarious. All your fat bits are squidged up over your trousers and your willy is at a funny angle (depending upon pants).

smogmonster

Do you think they'll notice if i stuff a Cumberland Sausage down my kecks?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Aren't cumberland sausages curly!

tankslapper
    Free Member

pics please! 😆

BigJohn

They don't work and we won't be getting any.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Knee jerk reaction from the govt. Has the trial in Manchester Airport finished, and if so has it been proven to be effective in anyway?

News is reporting that most people will undergo standard screening and only certain individuals will go through the full body scanner. Might as well not bother seeing as the "intelligence" agencies were apparently aware of the Xmas day bomber yet he still flew without any apparent problems.

Will get the human rights organisations up in arms that some/all travellers will be screened.

Northwind

luked, absolutely zero, they're not xrays.

GrahamS

Personally I think we should have to strip naked then swim through a transparent tube before boarding a plane. This would also have the advantage of giving some fellow travellers a well needed bath 😀

chainslapp
    Free Member

The first recruit copped off with these two stunners. 😆

tyger
    Free Member

This made me laugh

clicky

jon1973
    Free Member

It no longer worries me what they get up to at airports, I'm quite happy to never travel by air again unless I have to for work (unlikely). Holiday around Europe / UK in the car.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so think of something nice & dirty before you go through the scanner

grantway
    Free Member

Cant see the problem
    Everyone should go through them regardless of whom you are.
    Dont want to go through one Dont fly.
    F-human rights how about the one to live !

brakes
    Free Member

hot stuff

can you take octopusses through these things?

dyna-ti

Write
    'Die Infidel Pig' on yourself in marker pen.

Might get delayed though 😆

hora
    Free Member

Theres already doubts about its effectiveness.

I'll stick to the Ferry/Channel tunnel. Yes- they'll switch their attention to those next so hey-hum.

Gordon the bloody idiot will pick up the ball after its dropped this summer I bet.

jon1973
    Free Member

F-human rights how about the one to live !

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

The illusion of a threat to make sure everyone does as their told in the interest of security, so we all say f*** human rights.

epicyclo

A sense of proportion would be nice.

If the government is keen to stop the things that are killing us, why not check the statistics.

How many Anglican grannies have blown up a plane, how many catholic teenagers have blown up a plane, and how many muslims have blown up a plane?

Just fast stream low risk categories at security. It would be a bit of a nuisance for our muslim citizens being singled out, but I suspect most would be aware of where the danger is coming from and are not keen on mid air disintegration.

Free Member

epicyclo

<overly PC mode> but you just can't single out one race, regardless of fact!!! despite it being one or two extreme nutters who have caused the recent problems, having some association with the muslim faith </end of PC mode>

Mind you, whatever next, UV scanners for churches? just to make sure the catholic child molesting vicar doesn't have any bodily fluids upon his presence?

hora
    Free Member

epicyclo- someones skin colour doesnt make them or less susceptible. One day we will see a white extremist muslim. the risk is there.

verses

@epicyclo – If we single out Muslims for going through the scanner, can we have an additional scanner for identifying people who lied about their religion on the form?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hora – Member

epicyclo- someones skin colour doesnt make them or less susceptible. One day we will see a white extremist muslim. the risk is there.

The shoebomber? Half white half West Indian.

kimbers

just like in total recall…..

twoooooo weeeks

mmm sharon stone

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Full body scans – Should we worry?!’ is closed to new replies.