Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Whos Racing cross this W/E
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Not me this weekend as we have a break 🙂 😥 So I'm going out for a nice ride which is something I've not done in ages.

So who's where this weekend?

oldgit
    Free Member

Just thought. When the cross season is over do you return to road racing?

ourmaninthenorth

No cross in the NW league this w/e.

I intend to start road racing next year, if I ever get some weight off and some decent mileage in.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Me – I'm in the 'Western' team at the Inter Area Team Championships…

Competing against the likes of Roger Hammond, Phil Dixon etc

😯

aP
    Free Member

Nope – road ride with the club tomorrow morning, mebbe to Swinley on Sunday (weather dependent).
    Road racing – sheesh, probably instead will be building up rides in time for Easter and RvV, Spring Polaris just before and then need to choose what to do next summer – missed Maratona dles Dolomites, maybe the Quebrantahuesos?
    Oh, and start planning for next year's cx race

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Just thought. When the cross season is over do you return to road racing?

I usually go straight into time-trialling season (starts late Feb)… which then ends in Sept when the CX season starts 😐 I'll dabble in a few circuit races mid/late-summer, but TTing is better 'training' for CX races: A '25' is about an hour of balls-out effort, akin to a CX race.

That all said, I'm taking the Spring off next year. I need a break!

qwerty
    Free Member

Blackhound

Another one here for Herne Hill, but on my ss mtb.

ourmaninthenorth

Me – I'm in the 'Western' team at the Inter Area Team Championships…

Competing against the likes of Roger Hammond, Phil Dixon etc

Good luck Therman..!

ourmaninthenorth

will be building up rides in time for Easter and RvV

Full edition of Flanders? Look out for a few Manchester Wheelers hiding in the bunch all the way from Bruges….

oldgit
    Free Member

I thought that TM. I only did crits in 2008 (couldn't ride/race in early 2009) and it struck me that these guys were testers and treating the crits as a bunch TT.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Good luck Therman..!

Thanks. By God I'm gonna need it…

treating the crits as a bunch TT.

Not me, mate 🙂 I'll mince about in the bunch for as long as possible and sprint for the line. I'm really not into TTers forming little cliques and riding away from everyone else. It's not in the 'spirit' of it, IMHO. I only circuit-race for 'fun' (I get a hoop-clenching buzz I just don't get from TTing) and only race when I'm confident I'm fit enough/my sprint's strong enough to be in with a shout (hence mid/late summer).

oldgit
    Free Member

I'm using the cross as a springboard into the crits and RRs, but I'm just an overweight and old guy that'll bowl in with the last riders, but I love it.

And yes Good Luck in the inters. Where are they anyway? the last time I saw Hammond was in I think 92 at Leeds when he picked up the world junior title.

aP
    Free Member

OMITN – not sure whether I'm up for the full edition, the 140 is more of a "nice ride" than the 290k painfest, and it'd be a shame not to get some beers in afterwards which I'm not sure I'd manage if I did the full.

oldgit
    Free Member

I think I'll change the title of my weekly post to the 'Racing Post' next week. I love to hear about racing whatever the disipline.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Where are they anyway?

A Sports Centre in Leicester. Doesn't seem to be much of a 'big deal' about the Inter Areas this year unlike previous. The SW and Wessex Leagues aren't even sending Senior teams this year…

aP
    Free Member

Central League was so desperate they phoned up twice to ask about me joining the vet team…… what were they thinking of? After all I've only just managed to get the SVJW results out from last weekend after nearly 11 hours of calculations, what kind of performance does that show?

marty
    Free Member

big weekend of racing in the Scottish Cyclocross series. Racing both days at Glenmore Lodge, near Aviemore. Going to be great.

http://www.scottishcyclocross.org.uk/2009/10/scx-glenmore-lodge.html

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Whos Racing cross this W/E’ is closed to new replies.