Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fuel EX owners – what size are you riding? (sizing help needed)
  • dicky
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a fuel ex but I’m stuck on sizing. I’m 6’1″ and long legged, and I’m deliberating between 18.5″ and 19.5″. I test rode one last summer, great bike but can’t remember the size and I can’t get a test ride at the moment.

Anyway, if anyone out there is similar height to me, what size are you riding. Any advice that supplements the “sit on it in the shop” will help.

thanks

slugwash
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and have an 18.5 inch EX7 which feels just about right. If I was a couple of inches taller then I think that I’d need the 19.5 inch model. Also, I tried the 17.5 inch EX, my favourite hardtail frame size, and it was too small & cramped. So, I’d suggest that the 19.5 inch frame would be better suited to you. Hope this is of some help>

rOcKeTdOg

6ft2 on a 18.5 fits fine, fitted a shorter stem than stock so i’d not go bigger unlees you like a really long stretched racebike set up rather than a heads up trail bike, which it was designed to be

where are you, you can have a go on mine if you are near

pic showing usual seatpost extension for general trail mincing

davo
    Free Member

im 6,4 and ride a 21,5 but i think you could get away with a smaller frame. the ex9 seems to have a very long top tube.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Tested one for a few weeks. I’m 6’1 & rode the 17.5″ without any problems, although the post was on max extension (have super long legs).

The 18.5″ would be perfect fir for me. The 19’s are just too big.

J

chakaping
    Free Member

My pal just bought the 19.5in a couple of months ago.

He’s 6ft or 6ft 1in, fits perfectly. Great bike too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fuel EX owners – what size are you riding? (sizing help needed)’ is closed to new replies.