Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike hire in morzine
  • stephf
    Free Member

Does anyone know the cheapest and best XC bike hire in Morzine please?

Thanks

Steph

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

cheapest does not equal best! You may also find that for most hire places they'll have crappy XC bikes, better Freeride bikes and bling DH bikes.

However…we'll be hiring out Mondraker Foxys – prices are to be determined, but will be around 70 euros per day.

new website on its way as well.

tracknicko
    Free Member

70E per day? crikey.

although i guess thats not even that much by morzine standards.

saw 3k cannondale road bikes on hire in Gran Canaria for 12E per day a few weeks back… makes you think!

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

I doubt that the 3k road bike gets much of a beating each ride….

Yetiman
    Free Member

LOL – good answer. Out of interest how long on average does a bike last as a rental? I once rented a Scott from the bike shop at the entrance to the Pleney and it it looked like it had 10 years hard riding under it's tyres. Did the job for a couple of days until my own bike turned up.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

I'd say that a rental bike get's about a year or two's use in three months. Depending on the weather and so on.

It's a combo of being highly used, and highly looked after. Worn out parts get replaced and so on, but other bits, like the frame obviously don't – if they're protected by tape etc they can look like new at the end.

mk1fan
    Free Member

One season.

To be blunt each hire bike I've seen there has been either shite or dangerous. For the price of hiring one for a couple of days you can cover the costs of taking your own bike.

If you still want to hire then swap your brakes over now as the Europeans run the front brake on the left.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Just buy a AM/FR/DH bike for £700 have fun on it and sell it for £650 when you get back having not spent £350 hiring a naff bike for a week

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

To be blunt each hire bike I've seen there has been either shite or dangerous.

you've obviously not seen any of ours for the past few years..

I'm all for people bringing their own bikes – I certainly would, and did before I moved here – but there are many reasons someone would hire a bike when they're here: They can't be bothered to bring theirs and would rather not have to clean / maintain it / fix it when they get back etc. Or they simply can't bring it for whatever reason. or they want to ride a different bike – perhaps more travel, bigger brakes etc. And don't want to jack up / weigh down their UK bike by alpifying it.

Like I said – I'd bring my own, but some people prefer not to. Tarnishing all hire bikes as shite, dangerous, or naff is plain hire bikeist 😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

I can only speak of the bikes I've seen – and I made that clear in my statement.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire in morzine’ is closed to new replies.