Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Frosty Commutes
  • Dylan08
    Free Member

I find myself looking forward on a Sunday evening to the week aheads frosty commutes at this time of year. Nothing beats a crisp autumn morning (apart from maybe a nice warm summers morning). Riding gloves waiting on the hall radiator ready!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Yup – beats chiselling ice off the car too 😀

ton

best time of year for riding.
    icy canalside commute is ace.

tomhoward

Riding gloves pants waiting on the hall radiator ready!

This

Dylan08
    Free Member

Seconded Ton 🙂

fatboyjon

Quick trails overnight instead of waiting for a few weeks of dry weather to sort them out. I wish I could do a fully offroad route to where I need to get so I wouldn’t have any half asleep eejits in cars on frosty roads to contend with.

qwerty
    Free Member

I struggle with the frost, hurts exposed skin, permanent darkness for me on way in & way home.

MoreCashThanDash

I love the frosty riding conditions.

It’s the **** in the cars trying to drive whilst peering through the tiny letterbox they scraped on their windscreen that scare me….

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s only a quick ride to the office but I love the way it hurts when I breathe in and the nipping of nose, ears and fingertips.

Luckily there are only a few cars on my route, but the ones that I do meet are often parents racing to drop their little lovelies at HVC

adjustablewench
    Free Member

qwerty – Member

I struggle with the frost, hurts exposed skin, permanent darkness for me on way in & way home.

Palmers cocoa butter – feels quite greasy when you put it on but firms up in the cold and makes a massive difference, makes you smell of chocolate too (good if you have people who like chocolate around you!). It has to be the hard stuff in the tub as the lotion wont form a barrier in the same way

shifter
    Free Member

Heating doesn’t come on until I’m at work.
    If drivers are peering through slots in the windscreen I ride on the footpath.

Kunstler

I’m contemplating bailing out of tomorrow’s commute. I’ve only got the road bike available and I’ve not ridden skinny slicks on icy roads ( -1 deg forecast for East Lothian the morning). It’s bad enough for the nerves when it’s wet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Frosty Commutes’ is closed to new replies.