Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • From Samsung S9 to Samsung A53 5G 128gb
  • carlos
    Free Member

Bit of an arse in that I’ve smashed the screen on my S9 and its about £180 – £220 to get it replaced.

So I’m looking at a new phone altogether and the A53 5G 128gb has caught my eye. £400 with free ear buds

Any one made the same or similar swap, got an A53 and can comment on it?

I don’t want to sign up to a contract as the sim I have is tied for several months
    Budget is about £350 – £400
    I’ve looked locally and there isn’t anything in the swap shop
    Don’t fancy another brand and defo not swap back to Apple
    Any other Samsung models to look at>?

susepic

Mrs Epic borked her S8 a couple of years ago, and bought herself the then equivalent of the a53, or maybe it was the a53. Anyway, has noticed no difference fundamentally, it’s a good phone and good VFM. She just uses it for email, whatsapp and calls, and paybyphone, so not using any particularly demanding apps

fossy

Check Music Magpie for like new refurbs. My Wife swapped from an S series to an A a few years back – only issue was camera wasn’t as good, but that was a few years ago. Her A series still going strong.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I run an S21 for personal use, and an A53 for work, in 99.8% of use cases they may as well be identical. the ‘Edge’ shape of the screen is obviously missing from the A53, but a lot of the time its not really noticeable. Only time you could tell the difference is in gaming, which I don’t do on a mobile anyway, lol.

snotrag

Yep, went from S-something to A41 last year.

Essentially – Top of the range to Mid Range – same as you.

You wont care. It’ll be fine, itll work fine, the minor difference in functionality wont make a difference to your life but the extra 500 quid or so in your pocket certainly will.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.