• This topic has 36 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by lister.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 639: Beating The Heating Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

This is the tintro… eerily reminiscent of the pewtero but a bit more silvery. What? No idea. We’re just riffing here.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Fresh Goods Friday 639: Beating The Heating Edition

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Tintintin? – it’s not out.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Only the <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>  and the </span> are silent.

roger_mellie

Can you stick a link to the TOTW in future? Saves going via the username if it’s fallen off the forum front page.

scrank32

It isn’t in the tin

ton

Dear singletrack

have you ever done a fresh good friday based on products that are affordable by a normal person and not a rich one.

a good value or budget fresh goods friday would be good for more people in todays financial climate i feel.

yours hopefully

tony.

tomhoward

FGF is just what gets sent to them that week.

Harry_the_Spider

£30 for the nitrile gloves?

Out by a factor of 10!

Black-Disposable-Strong-Nitrile-Powder-Free-Gloves-100-Safetouch | Bulk Workwear

barney
    Free Member

Ton – FGF is (or at least, used to be – please correct me if I’m wrong Benj et al) exclusively based what gets sent in to the office. The mag doesn’t get much of a say in that – lots of things are unsolicited – unless it’s a product that’s come in specifically for a test. Some of the products will be cheap; some expensive (although which is which will highly vary by reader).

I’d guess this is pretty much what ‘Cheaper Things Tuesday’ was created for…

ton

barney, thanks for pointing that out. i genuinely never knew that. i thought they were good chosen by the staff.

thanks v much.

woody83
    Free Member

Ain’t those Unparallel shoes a rejig of the Teva shoes from a few years ago?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

those magnesium vaults are £72 with a quick google,  25 grams lighter than regulars ones, they any good?

chrismac

I sure it is based on what gets sent to the office, but there is an editorial decision as to which ones get featured in the article unless everything and anything gets automatically featured

lovewookie

Those Axe cranks are only compatible with Axe specific BB’s. (here: https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Components/Cranks/Axe-Crank-LE) assume it’s 28mm ID one side and 30mm the other.

so, different to DUB, different to 30mm, like an oversized GXP.

with all of the other options currently available, why? why not just make them 30mm?

amandawishart

@ton If we chose the items I’d expect to see guitars, drum kits, at least 7 bikes per week, an Omega De Ville Prestige Women’s Watch, a snowboard and maybe an electric van. Fantasy Goods Friday!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I sure it is based on what gets sent to the office, but there is an editorial decision as to which ones get featured in the article unless everything and anything gets automatically featured

Last week had tubs of fruit so i’m guessing the later not the former.

briain
    Free Member

I might have to get the Vault mags to match my old v12 mags. Also, silver grey cranks seem genius saves you the trouble of spending a year making them look that way it’s basically the equivalent of buy buying factory aged denim

sharkattack

I like the Black Mamba gloves but you can get a box of 100 for around £20 in most places.

stwhannah

Everything goes in!

tomhoward

IIRC the only reason something wouldn’t be featured is if there was an embargo from the manufacturer, for whatever reason.

footflaps

Unparallel is the new venture by the Five Ten founders….

Mark

I’d added our FGF FAQ to the bottom now. Hope that helps explain what happens 🙂

charliedontsurf

Pretty much everything goes in.

I have added my dog, motorbikes, some crisps, skateboards and even my new wife.

Oddly she didn’t qualify for a “How Much???”

IdleJon

If we chose the items I’d expect to see guitars, drum kits, at least 7 bikes per week, an Omega De Ville Prestige Women’s Watch, a snowboard and maybe an electric van. Fantasy Goods Friday!

Sounds more interesting than latex gloves! 😀

darlobiker

Could the eco credentials of magnesium mean a return of the Kirk Revolution.

Harry_the_Spider

Sounds more interesting than latex gloves! 😀

But probably a similar price.

desperatebicycle

Those Ride Concept shoes look good. But what’s the little velcro strap at the bottom of the lace area for? I’ve got one on my Boa type shoes too and really can’t see the point in it.

tmays
    Free Member

£180 shoesies :O

oldfart

Aren’t Chinese Daps ever expensive these days ? 🙄🙄🙄🙄

fahzure

The founder of Five Ten was Charles Cole. He died a few years back. Maybe best to say that Unparallel was founded by ex-Five Ten employees when Adidas took over.

aide

Tintintin ? — the tin has not been delivered yet

Northwind

Those hightop flats look ace except they seem to have vent holes? Why would they do that?

prettygreenparrot

those magnesium vaults are £72 with a quick google,  25 grams lighter than regulars ones, they any good

they look good.

Other advantages of magnesium over aluminium? Same transatlantic spelling? Burns wonderfully?

gbozo49

Is that a Polaris tor jacket in cyan being “modelled” with the Black Mamba nitrile “exam” gloves (fnar fnar)? I’ve just given mine the classic ‘badge of honour’ ripped look in an innocuous but still rather painful crash on my gravel bike…

tthew

I bought the Outcast magazine.  Thought it was brilliant. Says a lot about me. It really is mini though, like A6 mini.

lister

@woody83

Yes, those unparallel dust ups are identical to my old Teva Pinners which were some of the most comfortable riding shoes I’ve ever owned.
    They have the same sole pattern and everything but the strap over the top is new.

Ben_Haworth

@gbozo49 – Yep! Polaris Tor.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.