Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 580 – ‘Twas the bike before Xmas
  • Ben_Haworth

When all through the office not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The helmets were hung by the workshop with care, and hopes that FedEx soon …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 580 – ‘Twas the bike before Xmas

FB-ATB

Can you redo the 2nd photo of the pedal please? The spindle should be central to the hole in the pedal body.

bri-72

Recessed surely, it’s just the photo not quite straight on?

tomhoward

420g weight

Oh my.

FB-ATB

Recessed surely, it’s just the photo not quite straight on?

yes- makes my teeth itch!

thepurist

The spindle should be central to the hole in the pedal body.

It’s a new thing – eccentric pedal axles to mount to oval chainrings to restore the circular pedal motion. I expect they’re releasing an e-bike specific version of them soon.

big_scot_nanny

I do love the look of a cotic… one day she will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.

@Ben_Haworth

Sorry for not paying attention, but when did you sneak back in? BITD, you wrote some glorious articles for STW mag, hoping you will be doing the same again. (And if you already have, double oops!)

Sandwich

Point of order Chris Rea would have been well lost if on M6. His home is off the A1(M). (Came up as part of a recent pub quiz).

tomparkin

The FlareMAX is magnificent.

But how do those Wolfpack tyres look in the rubber? Northern-UK winter-worthy? Or a bit too “downcountry” to prevent one sliding down mud chutes on one’s behind?

tomparkin

Point of order Chris Rea would have been well lost if on M6. His home is off the A1(M). (Came up as part of a recent pub quiz).

Depends a bit on where he started from, no?

He might conceivably have stowed the MTB in the Berlingo somewhere in the Lakes, stopped off in Tebay for some farm-shop Christmas treats, and then toddled down the M6 to Manchester before whanging across the M62 to the A1 and eventually A1(M) (and home, allegedly).

Sandwich

Chris strikes me as more of a Doblo chap.

zerocool

I never really understood everyone’s insistence on running the thinnest pedals possible (at the expense of a decent concave, good sized axles, bushings and bearings) and then mount them to long 175mm cranks. You could have a more robust pair of pedals and just fun 165mm cranks for clearance instead.

These look nice but rather pricey.

davros

£95 for a bumbag! 😯

WildHunter2009

I would really like a go on the Flare max, looks like a lot of fun.

tthew

Wouldn’t want to stand in a dogshit in them Ion shoes.
    I mean, it’s not an activity I’m right keen on in any footwear, but it’d be a nightmare picking it out of then wind turbines.

nickc

£95 for a bumbag! 😯

you could, y’know, not buy it?

Cowman

The EP1 magazine is very good. Really enjoyed my copy.

FOG

and who says EU 45 is whopping? They’re gnome shoes in my book or shoe cupboard.

stwhannah

For those that care and are following along, this comment comes to you from Yoo-Tah. I made it over – getting back is looking a bit interesting.

Anyway, well done @tomparkin for making me laugh this morning. Happy Christmas all!

gazzab1955

I saw Chris Rea on TV last night in a re-run of the Whitehouse & Mortimer Go Christmas Fishing, first aired last Christmas. Given the amount of surgery he has had, the number of organs he has had removed and the way he was walking (like he was on a boat deck covered in ice at sea in a force 10 gale) I am not sure he should be driving anywhere!

davebrookes

For those that care and are following along, this comment comes to you from Yoo-Tah. I made it over – getting back is looking a bit interesting.

Have fun Hannah 😉

Oh and I can vouch for the Flare-Max – I love mine.
    Wolfpack tyres are holding up ok in (or on?) Hampshire chalk right now. We’ve not had enough mud to trip them just yet.

markwestlake
    Free Member

No idea how to quote on this, so this will have to do…

I never really understood everyone’s insistence on running the thinnest pedals possible (at the expense of a decent concave, good sized axles, bushings and bearings) and then mount them to long 175mm cranks. You could have a more robust pair of pedals and just fun 165mm cranks for clearance instead.

These look nice but rather pricey.

Pedal depth is more for pedal stability, at least for me. The closer your foot is to the axle the better in my experience, mainly on rockier/chunkier trails. You can still get pedals with concave with a narrower centre, it’s just that most brands don’t seem to really care about putting much concave at all in pedals these days for some reason.

maxlightpha5e
    Free Member

Santa best deliver a nice blue Cotic or the bearded git will be waking up next to a reindeer’s head come boxing Day! ;-p

sonic_groove
    Free Member

“Put another Roger Dean poster on the wall… “

ktache
    Free Member

Zelda reference torque wrench, I’m in.
    I like the pedals too. Mmmm, longevity…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Goods Friday 580 – ‘Twas the bike before Xmas’ is closed to new replies.