Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Freestyle BMX for my nephew
  • TheRack

Hello All

My 8 year old nephew has really got into his BMX racing at the local track. Joined the club and has been taking part in the races etc. He loves it.

The track is a good 20mins drive away so at the moment he’s limited to just the weekend track club sessions when his mum takes him. Hopefully in the summer with the lighter evenings he will get taken there more by his mum, me, grandparents etc.

To supplement the BMX racing I’d like to get him a freestyle BMX for his upcoming birthday as he has a skate park just around the corner from him which would be much easier to take him to, if time is limited, and the skills learnt there can only do him good.

So looking for a freestyle BMX for the skate park for around £200.

Anything better around than this: https://www.skatepro.uk/56-34063.htm

One major pro with this particular Haro is that it is slightly shorter in top tube length (if I buy it in blue) than a lot of other BMXs so would suit his age better. The top tube length is also the same as his race BMX at 18.5″ so should help with swapping between this and the race BMX.

If I get this for him he’ll have 3x bikes with his MTB so he’s a lucky boy but he’s a lovely lad and well deserves it.

Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

oikeith

@Therack are the wheels on the race bike 20inch? or does it run flat bars instead of a 2 piece?

When my nephew was 8 I picked him up a 12inched wheel BMX which was more suited to his height and general size.

TheRack

@oikeith His race BMX is 20″ with what, I think, are 7.5″ rise bars, so the freestyle BMX bars will be higher. I think they’re 14″.
    Will have a look at some smaller wheeled options.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Freestyle BMX for my nephew’ is closed to new replies.