Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Free Trickstuff Power pads for Hope V4
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Easier here than in classifieds…

I bought two sets of pads from Trickstuff a couple of weeks ago but made a mistake when ordering and selected the pads for the Hope V4 rather than the E4 brakes that I have. When I dropped Trickstuff an email they said the postage back to Germany wasn’t economical for an exchange and very kindly just popped a set of E4 pads in the post to me which I have now received. As a result and with their ok I offered to pass these V4 pads on at no cost as a bit of free marketing for them. So if you’re a V4 user and want to try their Power pads just reply below and drop me a PM and i’ll sort out getting them in the post to you.

breninbeener

Yes please!
    Have pm you
    Ian

Gotama
    Free Member

One set gone, one remaining.

tomhoward

DM sent

Gotama
    Free Member

Both sets gone now.

tall_martin

Are the pads any better than Hope in e4? New pad curios 😀

duncancallum

I think I pmd and replied on your post at the time. You on Wigan?

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Probably not a bad marketing approach by Trickstuff!

Also now interested in how their pads perform, just bought some E4s and am looking at swapping to sintered from the standard (organic) pads.

Gotama
    Free Member

Are the pads any better than Hope in e4?

I have an uplift day at bike park wales on 25th, will report back then. Will be interesting, both pinkbike and enduro magazine have said they are a worthwhile upgrade over standard, irrespective of brake manufacturer.

Probably not a bad marketing approach by trickstuff

Not sure they have the scale to dish out loads of free pads! And as I said it was my error but they just saved me a few quid and a delay in correcting it.

leegee

@gotama, Could you please tell me how are you finding these pads? which compound are you using?

mudfish

looking forward to reading about the comparison with std hope E4 pads for sure

Gotama
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to update this. I bought the Power compound in the Trickstuff pads. Out of the box they are noticeably smaller (top to bottom) than the standard E4 fit pads which seemed a little odd but that aside to me they offer a noticeable increase in power for my E4 brakes and don’t sacrifice any of the control/feel you get if you like the way Hope brakes work. However there is a but and it’s that they wear out quickly. Now admittedly I rode them for a day of non-stop uplifting at Bike Park Wales where it rained pretty much solidly all day but by the penultimate run the rear pads were toast. This is going from new at the start of the day. The caveat to this is that I’m about 100kg and a serial brake dragger so I’m pretty heavy on brake pads. The fronts were about a third to half worn through the day by comparison. So I will buy more sets but I’ll just use them in the front, opting for the standard pads in the rear.

leegee

Thanks for the update.

tall_martin

Thanks for that!

I’ll give them a miss in that cas

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Free Trickstuff Power pads for Hope V4’ is closed to new replies.