Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • free sat satalite dish
  • robbie
    Free Member

i want to get freesat up and running and have just had someone up to see why my dish isnt getting a signal. turns out its an old analogue dish and useless. he quoted 300 to fit a new dish which i thought was high. its on a bungalow and very easy to reach so thinking of doing myself. now looking at google there is a massive range in price for a dish. can anyone recomend a cheap dish that will do the job please?

sadexpunk

any reason why youre set on a dish? i understand if youve already got a dish up, but if its useless now, have you considered freeview instead?

robbie
    Free Member

yea unfortunately we dont get that many freeview channels

cp

Any of the sky zone 1 or zone 2 depending where you are dishes on eBay will do it.

Eg this, just add cable and connectors between dish and your box/TV.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392331359494

Cougar

I thought Freeview coverage was pretty ubiquitous these days. Is it not just a case of an aerial upgrade perhaps?

IIRC there’s a coverage checker thing on their website.

NowTV box?

cp

There’s still plenty of localised blackspots. We used to live central Sheffield, but we were in the shadow of a hill of the two transmitters which covered the area.

Freesat was the easy and cheapest solution!

welshfarmer

We have zero terrestrial TV cover so satellite is our only option. We use 1 of those old €20 sky dishes (same one for last 15 years) and a cheap receiver from Maplins. I only have about 28 channels programmed in from Freesat and use a motor to turn dish to get a further 35 German channels for Mrs WF.

alanl
    Free Member

On a similar subject, someone I know wants to get Italian TV channels.
    She just has terrestial TV now.
    They already have a satellite output in the multi-plugs wall outlet. This will presumably be pointing up to the Sky transmitters. Can they get Italian with an unlocked box?
    If not will one of the small portable ones work? She cant attach her own dish to the fabric of the building.
    Any ideas what to look for?

cogglepin

The one in the link from cp is what you want. They are having a laugh at 300 quid, it’s a 45 min job at the most for a satellite engineer.
    I’m up north and I would charge 80 quid to replace a dish and lnb, 100 quid with shotgun cable as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘free sat satalite dish’ is closed to new replies.