Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Free or cheap e-commerce
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Is it possible to set up e-commerce without spending very much? Google is failing me as this seems to be a very full market with lots of sites claiming to be free only to tell you that its a limited time demo and £££/month afterwards once you actually look into it. A bit of history: I’ve made a few electronic project boards for Arduino hobby stuff. I made them for me as there was nothing available but when ordering from China it was the same price to buy loads. I stuck some on eBay which sold OK, made a little pocket money. By the time eBay, PayPal and the tax man has a slice it really is pocket money so I’m looking to up-scale a bit as the costs don’t go up proportionately. It’ll never be big money so not worth investing in. Happy to just stick with eBay but am looking at other options. Is there something I can add to my existing website they have an e-commerce option but its way too much per month? I’d rather something that takes a small cut per sale (or free obviously, but they may be asking a bit much 🙂 ). I don’t mind doing a bit of HTML or wordpress tinkering.

thepodge
    Free Member

Have a look at the angry Facebook thread, you may well be better off promoting your stuff to groups through them and or Instagram.

I looked at some free wordpress stuff a while back but never took it too serious so couldn’t advise.

joshvegas
    Free Member

@northwind aka NerfGunRunner

benpinnick

Woo for wordpress is good, and essentially free. You pay for mods but you can get away without them if you don’t need them. You can get a free payPal plugin, and do shipping manually (its not all that hard). All it needs is a bit of time to configure. So essentially if you have WP already the cost to add woo is minimal.

dovebiker

If you only have a few products, Shopify have a basic subscription offer. Works across both mobile and web, integrates with FB and Insta and offers numerous payment integration options. You don’t need to worry about hosting or security – it works.

Northwind

Josh @’d me but I just use ebay- can’t beat the size of audience for my stuff, even though their slice often takes more than half of my profit.

jamesmio
    Free Member

https://www.creatomatic.co.uk/ecommerce-on-a-budget/ We wrote a thing on this a wee while back that might be of use.

tldr; WooCommerce or Shopify are the current frontrunners

johndoh
    Free Member

The thing is – who would take the responsibility of factoring your sales for free or very little? If you want to make some money so do the people that process your sales and take responsibility for the transaction.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Free or cheap e-commerce’ is closed to new replies.