• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Free Brooks saddle (for repair)
  • csb

Can’t face binning it.

Nearly new B17 with broken rail. Needs new undercarriage riveting in.

Pick up in Bristol.

tall_martin

Can you get brooks to fix it?

csb

I was so pissed off that it happened that i left it on my ‘broken kit that i will return/fix’ shelf for 2 years intending to sort it. So out of warranty and i can’t be bothered now.

Andy

I actually have a B17 Ti with knackered leather (got too wet sadly). I would gladly take that and pay postage for the leather if you would post? Will PM

DrP

Andy – you still owe me postage for the leather chaps you bought off me.
    Which is odd, because you’re significantly taller than me, but you did mention they were for ‘sniffing’ or something?

DrP

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Generous offer. I took an old saddle to Brooks in person, they took it in and got it fixed within the week. Fascinating factory/company and a refreshing experience for me having witnessed/been part of the ‘buy it and bin it’ culture

csb

Andy, if I post it I might as well post it back to Brooks and get it back myself. Maybe I’ll rethink doing that now it’s been taken off the shelf of broken things.

Andy

Well if you can, that makes much more sense. My b17 ti is getting on for 15 years old so sadly out of the 10 year warranty and I didnt buy it new anyway!

csb

Reading up it looks like a Brooks fix is about 45 quid. A new rail is about 20 quid unfitted and someone suggests using m6 countersunk bolts instead of rivets for attaching the leather. So I’ll try that. If i abort and am left with a leather I’ll let you know!

Andy

Should be repaired under warranty, so no charge? Failing that I would buy the rivits from Brooks as a countersunk bolt will cut into the leather. Aside from the broken rail this saddle should last you 20 years so a proper repair is best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Free Brooks saddle (for repair)’ is closed to new replies.