• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by edd.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Frame experts, forks/angleset question.
  • deviant
    Free Member

My FS bike came with 140mm forks but the manufacturer warranties it for use with anything up to 160mm.

It has a 68 degree HA on 140mm forks.

If i slip in some 160mm forks then the HA gets kicked out by about a degree (give or take) which i’m fine with but i’m not so keen on the seat tube angle being pushed back and the BB being raised.

So, the question is….can i offset this by fitting a 1 degree angleset to push the forks out even more thus dropping the front of the bike, dropping the BB and straightening the seat tube back to their original position on 140mm forks?

I’m my mind it seems to work and will leave me with a HA of 66 degress but with the BB height and seat tube angle roughly where they were before fitting longer forks so giving me a fighting chance of still pedalling up hills….but i’d be interested to know if i’ve got this completely wrong?

Not interested in people muddying the waters by waffling on about sag etc….just tell me if the principal i’m working on is correct or whether i’m wide of the mark please.

Cheers.

Northwind

Check out the Cotic website, Cy has some details of doing exactly that change with a 160mm fork in a Hemlock, should be pretty comparable.

PS, check out Works Components- works better than an Angleset, and costs less than half as much.

edd

Works Components- works better than an Angleset, and costs less than half as much.

Agreed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Frame experts, forks/angleset question.’ is closed to new replies.