Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Good looking/looking good records – any fans?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Had a good sort through my vinyl at the weekend and although I still love it I have decide to get rid of my drum and bass.

Its mostly LTJ Bukem/Good looking records/ Earth / Nexus / 720 degrees.

Any idea the best place to sell it all?

some of it is quite rare, and some are white labels/promo only.

Have 2 earth box sets which are 1 of 5000 made.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Plenty of Bukem and PFJ fans out there. If you have instumental version of The Western on vinyl I’ll have it off you.

organic355
    Free Member

I will have a rummage

joolsburger
    Free Member

I think it’s on one of the Logical Progesssions. Also I’ll take Dannys Song too if you’ve got that.

MrAgreeable

Discogs is good for selling dance vinyl. Pre-written listings, reasonable fees and you can look at other sale histories once you’ve got signed up to figure out what a reasonable “going rate” is.

eBay may get you better prices on some of the stuff, but the higher fees and general hassle put me off it, even after a few good auctions.

MrAgreeable

Joolsburger, the instro of The Western Theme was on the 12″, the Logical Progression version had MC Conrad over the top I think.

MrAgreeable
    organic355
    Free Member

and what’s the best/cheapest way to post vinyl? Do I need to get individual boxes or if I am selling a job lot just wrap in bubble wrap in a big box?

I will sign up to Discogs and see what its all worth. Think I read on here that HTFR are not worth bothering with and will rip you off?

Ive also got loads of house stuff I will probably get rid of too. cant bear to part wth my oldskool/hardcore though, and will be keeping hold of my mowax collection and Naked music stuff.

Milkie
    Free Member

Don’t bother with HTFR, they are a waste of space. They are known for copying onto an acetate and selling for stupid prices £30+ for a single, for something they will offer you peanuts for.

Oldskool? What sort of oldskool house!?
    D&B… Stuff like Renegade Snares era?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Massive fan…

What ya got??

:mrgreen:

Love the older stuff like PFM, Blu Mar Ten, Bukem + Conrad, DRS etc, etc….

corroded
    Free Member

Yes, huge fan here though lost my Logical Progression CD years ago 🙁

I was also recommended Discogs when I looked into selling some Detroit techno 12″ – seemed good.

MrAgreeable

what’s the best/cheapest way to post vinyl? Do I need to get individual boxes or if I am selling a job lot just wrap in bubble wrap in a big box?

Get some cruciform card mailers like this:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TRAMIKI-SUPPLIES-OF-LISKEARD/12-LP-CRUCIFORM-RECORD-MAILER-/_i.html?_fsub=2443093

Stronger than a normal wallet type mailer and will hold 2+ records easily if you get multiple purchases. You can get the cost back via P%P charges.

Royal Mail are pretty much your only option for items this size, and are actually very good both pricing and service wise.

I’ve never known a record to get snapped in the post but if a record has an inner sleeve a lot of people ship the record with it next to the outer, to avoid the seam’s sleeves getting split. That said, you’re selling relatively recent dance music records not rare 70s prog, so most people won’t be too fussed about the sleeves.

For selling a job lot, Discogs doesn;t allow you to do this AFAIK. Might be a good way of getting rid of the less rare or well known stuff though. I would cut down a bigger box to fit snugly, or just specify that the buyer has to collect.

Don’t forget about your overseas buyers, a lot of this stuff never made it over to Europe or the US the first time around so that’s where the demand is.

organic355
    Free Member

I will post a list up once Ive sorted out what I am selling. I am hoping some of the rarer stuff may fetch a bit of dosh.

Any idea what an EARTH volume 1 in mint condition goes for? Ive also got a promo copy of logical progression 2 also in mint condition.

MrAgreeable

Average for Earthed 1 (vinyl) on Discogs is £25, £40 maximum. Seem to be a lot of people flogging the LPs one by one! I guess D’n’B DJs don’t tend to look after their records too well – probably lost after a stoned “back to mine”.

xiphon
    Free Member

Big fan over here too!

There’s a MASSIVE 8GB download available on a certain “Ahoy There!” themed website. Well worth a listen, as many of the CDs are super-rare now…

=======

~ Logical Progression 1-4

~ Ingredients Steps 1-5

~ Soul 1-3

~ Earth 1-7

~ Points In Time 1-9

~ Producer 1-7

~ Looking Back 1-5

~ Progression Sessions 1-10

~ Good Looking Records EP’s 5CD
    =================

organic355
    Free Member

OK so here is a list of my good looking/looking good/earth/nexus/ascendant grooves Vinyl, thought I had more….

Earth 1 (limited ed)
    Earth 4 (limited ed)
    Two revolutions LP
    Logical Progression Level 3 (limited ed DJ format)
    Blu mar Ten Everglades (Limited ed)
    Blame Between 2 worlds (limited ed)
    Tayla – Dimensions/Language (Nexus 3)
    Alaska & Nucleus – Procevt two (Nexus 4)
    PHD & MC Conrad – Reminiscent Rhythms/Presence (Ascendant Grooves 001)
    Funky Technicians – Outer reaches (AG002)
    TQ One – Interactive (AG003)
    Future Engineers – Rogue Comet / Changes in State (720 deg 010)
    Paiah – Catalyst / The arrival (720 deg 008)
    LTJ Bukem / Bjorn – Rhodes to Freedom/inside my Soul, God Chord (GLR038)
    Rantoul – System Sylence / The Ladder (GLR035)
    Rantoul/intersperse – On the edge / haunting winds (GLR037)
    Axis One in Ten/Dusted (GLR017)
    LTJ Bukem – Suspended Space/Our world/viewpoint/Sunrain (GKLREP007V)
    PHF presents ascendant moods (AGLP001)
    SebA – Waveform/soul 2000 (LGR025)
    Future Engineers – Timeshift/Components (LGR022)
    Axis – Euphony/High point (LGR020)
    Sonic generation/Nu Moon – Absolute magnitude, cosmic journery / SB/NooMoon (LGR 028 & 029)
    Moonchild – Seatown / possible worlds(LGR 019)
    KMC / Rantoul – System / infiity (LGR023)
    J-Laze – Lazy Days / stratosphere (LGR027)
    New balance – Reflections/Secret portraits (LGR010) Promo copy
    PHD & MC Conrad – progression Sessions / 3 by 4 (LGR011)

also got all the cookin EPs but I want to keep those.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Good looking/looking good records – any fans?’ is closed to new replies.