Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Frame builder recommendations to fit Paragon dropouts to existing frame
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I thinking about getting Paragon Sliders fitted to my Cotic Solaris and wondered if anyone had done similar to a steel frame and could recommend someone to do it? Cheers

bedmaker

Ben at Kinetics in Glasgow did this very thing for a mate of mine.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Hi Bedmaker, any issues or a complete success?

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, I ran out of coffee, which was disasterous 😀

I’m not doing frame repairs and mods at the moment, too much other work to do…

simon1975

I presume the Solaris is powdercoated like older Cotics? You might need to allow for a strip and re-coat as well. Get it dipped before you take it for modification?

Vernon Barker in Dronfield could do the welding/brazing and I’m sure he’d make a good job, but I think he only does stove-enamelling not powdercoating. He did some good work on an old Kona for me a few years ago.

Or try 18 Bikes in Hope if their workbook isn’t full, maybe?

STATO
    Free Member

Pargons are quite substantially different to cotic dropouts, i doubt it would be an easy swap. Unless you want the back end 2″ longer that is.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Spoken to Jon at Chicken Frame Emporium and he’s done a number of similar jobs and we’ve decided on rocker dropouts for the reasons you say STATO.

The alternative is to look at Curtis XC9 built to Solaris geometry

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get one of these if you want to run SS, would save you hacking your frame.

https://www.bike24.com/p246223.html

LeeW

Doug Pinkerton has done a few bits for a mate of mine.

ctk
    Free Member

Yep Trickstuff EBB or White Industries ENO hub. Much easier, or sell the Solaris and let Chickens build you a whole frame!

shandcycles
    Free Member

I’m not doing frame repairs and mods at the moment, too much other work to do…

makes note to stop sending nutjobs to Ben 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

😀

Common Wheel have now got an oxyacetylene torch and they’ve just about worked out which end to hold, so I’m planning to send them nut jobs to them…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Frame builder recommendations to fit Paragon dropouts to existing frame’ is closed to new replies.