Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Fox X2 on 130mm trail bike. Any takers?
  • poah
    Free Member

IL has 40% more oil and no air spring to heat up.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

DB Air CS £575
    Fox Van with a tune £unknown as not clear what’s included. Likely £400-£450 I guess
    Pushed Float X £599

None of them.

DHX2 as you are little limited on size for that bike.

Or a DBCoilIL.

ehrob

Interesting. Cheers gents.

Does the DHX2 come in 190×50? Couldn’t see it. Either way I suspect it’s out of range price wise.

And good points on the DBCoil IL. 40% more oil compared to what? A non CC inline shock?

If the DB Coil IL will perform better than a DB Air CS for these trips then maybe that’s the way to go.

poah
    Free Member

40% more than standard inline shocks e.g monarch rt3, float dps etc.

ehrob

Had an interesting chat with a tech at TF.

The in-house experience of two of their employees of the Scout plus DB IL Coil is that it’s good. It changes the character of the bike. The shorter stroke length means that on bigger hits it does blow through the travel easily, and you can’t totally tune it out with HSC.

I can see that – you’re running it at 30% sag, you’ve only a two inch stroke, so you’re going to need a pretty dramatic ramp up, which might be outside the range of the shocks adjustment.

The two guys have gone back to air shocks since (Fox DPS).

I don’t want a Fox DPS – same issues in bigger mountains as a Monarch I presume. Ideally, I don’t want a change of shock to massively change the character of the bike – I like it as it is, just want to make it a bit more suitable for a bigger mountain application.

So am now wondering whether air is indeed a better choice for me. Either Float X or DB Air are the ones available in 190×50.

poah
    Free Member

DVO topaz

ehrob

Who is servicing the Topaz at the moment? Anyone?

poah
    Free Member

TF do, they will probably tune the shock for you too

ehrob

Nice, cheers. Got lbs on the case currently so will see what they come up with. Topaz looks good though if the support is there.

noahhowes
    Free Member

I’ve got a Scout with a Van RC MX tune and a Pushed Float X. They feel different, I run much less sag on the coil to compensate for the more linear stroke but it is more supple and I think there is more grip. Not having a climb switch is a problem when you think too hard about it but it’s easy to forget about once you go down again. I think on balance that I prefer the coil most of the time.

pwracing
    Free Member

Hello All,

Did anyone have any luck fitting a X2/DHX2 to a fuel ex 9?

I am looking to change the shock out ideally with an X2 but the dimensions are 210*52.5 and there aren’t any stock with that measurement.

Lots of people say about putting some ‘ghetto’ plastic shim inside to work, but it doesn’t sound legit.

Thanks!

strugglinon
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat.

im on my third shock on the Fuel.

Sram think my frame may be out of alignment as the shaft is worn on one side.

theyre sending an RC3 out under warranty, but the frame has gone to Trek to be checked.

the Fuel is the best bike I’ve ever ridden, a coil could make it even better…..could it?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

A 210×55 shock fits and doesn’t have any clearance issues, obviously it bumps up the travel a little bit.

I run a 210×55 Push ElevenSix on my Fuel.

I would say the coil improves it significantly.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Fox X2 on 130mm trail bike. Any takers?’ is closed to new replies.