Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox 36 Fork Seals
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone using any of the aftermarket fork seals for a Fox 36?
    Push/SKF/TF Tuned own, any recommendations please?

stevextc
    Free Member

I think the default you get from/labelled as Fox are SKF ?

Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few types, to be honest they all seem the same. Its the fresh oil that made all the difference, not the seals.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn’t there something about the new super slippery 20wt fox oil only being compatible with a certain seal type?

coatesy
    Free Member

Yes, use it with the older type of seal and it weeps past them, the newer low friction jobbies are fine.

joelm76
    Free Member

I recently tried the push seals (as they came with the coil conversion kit) and they are significantly better than the skf ones. When doing a lower leg service recently the old oil was super clean compared to what it is normally like for the same service interval time.

strike
    Free Member

SKF do make the OE Fox seals but IME the SKF green seals outperform them (and are cheaper). They seal just as well but also seem to have slightly less stiction – I have 1 Fox fork with OE Fox seals and another Fox fork with SKF seals – when left for several days there’s a noticeable ‘pop’ as you push on Fox-seals fork but no such feeling with the SKF-seals Fox fork (to add: both serviced regularly and using Fox Gold).

Trimix
    Free Member

I think some of the issues we feel with seals may be due to what we do to the stanchions. I clean mine then spray them with silicon spray after every ride – they stay very slippery because of this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Fork Seals’ is closed to new replies.