• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox 34 v 36
  • dyls

I haven’t had a longer travel bike in a while and have found a scott genius with a fox 34 150mm travel fork.

Mostly want it for trail centers and the odd snowdon, antur stiniog.

Will the 34 be enough, or should I look for a fox 36 forked bike instead. (No interest in enduro racing)

submarined
    Free Member

They’ll be absolutely fine for that imho, unless you’re seriously, err ‘heavily built’.

teethgrinder

Depends.
    You won’t die and you might not even notice any difference in stiffness.

However, what damper is it? I don’t think you can get the Grip2 in the 34 – it is rather good in a 36.

Trimix
    Free Member

I have some 34’s on my YT Jeffsy and some 36’s on my Capra. You will be fine on the 34’s.

Unless you are into smashing DH runs, giant doubles and all out black runs.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

the extra 2mm of leg just makes them sturdier, i’ve got 140mm travel on both a fox 34 and a 36 (older fit4). i’m happy riding offpiste with both. the 36 is just bigger hitting. i havent felt flex on either, but i dont jump massive gaps and drop off big drops

dyls

I think the scott is a fit4 damper fork. Is the grip2 much better then?

devash
    Free Member

The Fit4 is a great damper. I have a newer Fox 34 with one installed and it beats the Rockshox Pike I used to own, hands down. Very supple small bump compliance and good progression. I would personally be happy with a 34 up to 150mm unless you are a heavy guy and / or smashing serious enduro trails and bike park hits.

Kahurangi

IMO pay more attention to the damper spec than the stanchion diameter. Unless you’re 150kg+

DrP

i had the OEM 34 rhythms..TBH i thought they were fantastic! Genuinely felt nicer than my Pike RCT3s…

I only upgraded to 36 performance elite as a)i’m a tart, and b) they were a bargain on eBay, plus c)they have a fancier damper.

But honestly, it was simply an exercise of excess…the 34s are great forks!

DrP

EDIT – 34s were 150mm, 36 are 160mm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34 v 36’ is closed to new replies.