Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox 34 Float Forks, 26 wheel version
  • stewartc
    Free Member

Hi, hoping someon ecan help me here regaridng the above forks as I am no pro bike mechanic.

Recently purchased an SB66c and spec’d 150mm forks at the front and the bike shop listed this as fitted when I collected.
    No problem so far, anyway after a couple of rides I decided last night to fettle the suspension (front and back) as I thought the ride was a little too plush for my liking, I prefer a more firm ride having ridden a Blur TRc and ASR-5 before. Having looked on the Fox website for a manualy to compare recommended sag settings I noticed I could not find a 150mm version of my fork (2013 Float CTD) so I got my tape measure out and measured them, yep, 150mm.
    Anyway, thought no problem I will do this manualy and simply put my riding kit on (backpack etc) and with shock pump in hand head outside and ride then adjust, ride then adjust etc until I get to where I feel comfortable.

After faffing around and getting the ride I like front and back I now find my front suspension is now 160mm, have I broken something?

themoodster
    Free Member

If all you’ve done is add or remove air from the spring then I doubt you’ve broken anything. Are you measuring the same location consistently?

stewartc
    Free Member

Yes, pretty sure.

themoodster
    Free Member

Time to go back to the shop and ask them what’s up then

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Aren’t 150mm forks travel-reduced 160mm?

Let all the air out and measure how much stanchion is sticking out when fully compressed, then subtract that from your measurement of total height with air in- that’s your travel.

justinemms
    Free Member

Yes I have the same fork. There 160mm and can be shimmed down to 150mm. Back to shop pronto I would say

justinemms
    Free Member

I run mine at full 160mm and would deffo recommend it as the more travel you have you sit into it more anyway. Add 10ml of fork oil also if kashima as very linear in stock trim which is fine until big hits or big jumps when I bottomed mine out pretty easy. Add oil and ramp up perfect

deanfbm
    Free Member

There’s nowt to worry about.

Your 150s are just spaced down 160s, hence no listing on fox website.

If you have 150mm of travel, it will read more than 150.

The spring set-up is positive air chamber and negative coil spring, more pressure you put in the positive, the more the negative spring will compress allowing the forks to extend further. This will be the reason for the change in exposed stanchion pre and post fettling.

stewartc
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback.
    Just released a little air as it was running a little firm this morning and now it appears to be fine, all 160mm of it.

themoodster
    Free Member

At the very least I’d be having a word with the shop; if you specced 150mm travel, and it’s on the invoice, you’ve paid for work they haven’t done. Even if you do keep them at 160.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34 Float Forks, 26 wheel version’ is closed to new replies.