Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox 32 volume spacers (or not…?)
  • nicksixtynine
    Free Member

Hi, got a Fox 32 CTD 130mm fork on my partner’s 29er Spectral and I’m trying to tune it a bit. So I open the top cap to see if I could remove any factory installed volume spacers but it has nowhere to add or remove any. It just has a large white plunger shaped spacer with o’rings on it which required a fair amount of force to remove and reinstall. Googled for ages and can’t can’t seem to find what it is or anything about removing or changing it… Can anybody enlighten me….?

Cheers

Nick

BearBack
    Free Member

That’s your top cap assembly. In In assuming CTD so 2014model year?

2015/2016 saw the new more tuneable air spring design. Yours probably has the coil assisted air shaft.

I don’t think the new air shaft is backwards compatible

nicksixtynine
    Free Member

It’s a Fox Performance Fit CTD 130mm on a 2015 Spectral so I assume it’s a 2014 model. So is it one of these oddball OEM products that Canyon have used and is not adjustable with reducers…?

Time for new forks or a new bike then….🤔😁

foxman
    Free Member

As mentioned before , it was not designed with volume adjust in mind, the white plastic part (with a sealing o-ring at the bottom) is to make the air chamber ramp up sooner due to the reduced travel of the 29″ fork (650b no volume spacer + more travel)

nicksixtynine
    Free Member

Ok, thanks guys for the info….👍 Been trying to get the fork as dialed as I can with a Shockwiz, apart from being a b#&@%¢d to calibrate the forks correctly, it’s telling me to remove a spacer to reduce the ramp….. So I’m boogered….☹️

BearBack
    Free Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 volume spacers (or not…?)’ is closed to new replies.