• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Gnnr.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox 120RLC or Magura Durin?
  • frank4short
    Free Member

I'm planning on putting new some new forks on my chameleon (have a very old pair of marzochi's on it at the mo). So i was thinking of probably the new 2010 fox 120 rlc's or possibly the magura durin's just wondering what folks thoughts are on both of these? Would be even better if anyone has experience of both for a direct comparison. Also possible suggestions for other forks other than these 2, ideally 120mm travel & around the 3.5lb weight mark.

jambon
    Free Member

Dunno about the Durin's but my Magura Wotans (160mm) are awesome. The build quality is above the rest and support is second to none. It takes balls to be different but I think it'd be worth it.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I'd go for the Durins.
    Got some Fox 120's on one bike and 100mm Durins on another.

The fox's are OK, but prefer the action of the Maguras and they don't need as much faff.

boxelder

If you go Fox, don't bother with the C bit – just get RL's.
    How much heavier are Vanillas?

Speshpaul

The 130 Menjas are a nice fork as well.
    For my money i wouldn'r bother with fox forks. Just seen too many gone bad.

stormer
    Free Member

I have Durin Marathon 120's fitted to one bike and Fox 120's to another,Durins much lighter and stiffer than Fox's. I have done several 10 hour races with the Magura's with no issues and no sign of wear on stanchions, if I had used the Fox's I would have had to pay for a couple of services.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have Durin 120's on my Ells had them about 2 weeks and am loving them, really stiff, work well and very light. Got mine from the US for less than £300 all in.

bikefish85
    Free Member

Reba Team.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Another vote for the Durin – awesome

timraven

I'm enjoying my Fox forks, whichever you go for get QR15 or maxle lite it makes such a difference IMHO

Gnnr

Jools, I've emailed you. Wondering where in the US you bought your Durin 120's. Cheers G

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox 120RLC or Magura Durin?’ is closed to new replies.