Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • found my old sega game gear-what to do with it?
  • pip001
    Free Member

hi.just found my old sega game gear in the loft.works all ok.comes with 8 games.where would be the best place to sell it and whats it worth? my eyes wont let me play on a screen that size these days.any help appreciated.

kayla1
    Free Member

Have a look on ebay to see what they’re going for and stick it on there if you CBA.

mattyfez

Decent bundles seem to go for £30-60 looking at ebay.
    They are obscelete obviously, but hold some appeal for collectors and retro gamers. Origoeonal boxes etc. are a plus, like any retro toy really I suppose.

Pierre

This has reminded me to look up whether my old Gameboy Micro (the Famicom one) is worth anything these days… :O

winston
    Free Member

I remember them – the batteries wouldn’t last the length of some of the games!    Flogged mine and got a black and white gameboy which had much better games and a battery that lasted for ages. Hmmmm wonder what happened to that…….(wanders off to loft)

gobuchul
    Free Member

Isn’t there loads of modern knock offs available on Ebay and Ali Express?

Emulators with 1000’s of games built in? All the Game Gear, Gameboy etc included?

breadcrumb

I quiet fancy an original Gameboy, tidy ones go for more than I want to spend on eBay. Especially when I know deep down it’ll end up on a shelf..

kelron
    Free Member

Check sold listings on eBay, look up the games individually too in case any have special appeal to collectors. I have a few Pokémon and Zelda games for GBA and DS that only seem to go up in price, especially with original boxes.

ali69er
    Free Member

Loads of modifications you can do to these retro consoles now. I recently bought a Gameboy Advance, have upgraded the screen and the housing. Really enjoy playing those old games, loads of nostalgia.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

I’ve got two Gamegears one original and one modded. Love the system although the battery life was piss poor on the OG. Might be worth sticking it on eBay, there are plenty of console collector’s like me out there.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Drop me a message if your selling as I might be interested.

Cheers

pip001
    Free Member

thanks for the replies.i,m wishing i had kept all my old gaming machines.went from a zx81 thro to the amiga and all the playstations.too many miss spent hours .i will probably flog the gamegear the screen is way to small for me now.gotta be sold as seen lol.

st

As per some of the above comments. Old handhelds are popular but not worth a fortune. Mint condition might see it worth a little more to someone who wants an original one otherwise it’ll be a modest price for someone who wants a base console to modify. New shells, batteries and screens all being popular at the moment.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just moved house and discovered my old Mega Drive. Plugged it in for the kids to play Sonic and they’re loving it. Had a quick look on eBay for some more games for it but it seems the games go for more than the consoles do! Still tempted to get Desert Strike though… Might buy an old Amiga to play stuff like Cannon Fodder, UFO and Syndicate etc on.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Had a quick look on eBay for some more games for it but it seems the games go for more than the consoles do!

There are loads of preloaded emulators available on Ebay. A bit dubious copyright wise but they are pretty much abandonware now.

mashr

Love the system although the battery life was piss poor on the OG.

I got one for chrstimas when i was wee – was an emotional roller coaster as batteries were burned through at an incredible rate! The battery packed help a lot, but can’t imagine they’ll be very useful after 20+ years

bruneep

Oh that reminds me I have an old boxed mega drive in loft

jaylittle
    Free Member

Sooooo. Any idea on price? What games?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘found my old sega game gear-what to do with it?’ is closed to new replies.