• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • Drac

Please no one tell him to press the “ button paste the text and then press enter twice.

tjagain

Its OK Drac – I’ll forget that soon enough anyway

tjagain

Please no one tell him to press the “ button paste the text and then press enter twice.

Drac

Shit!

chipster

Shit!

Testing…

edit: It works!!

whitestone
    Free Member

@tjagain – just make sure you don’t copy the user name and status – that’s what leads to the < span > spam.

oldnpastit

Is there something wrong with this thread from 3 years ago?

It’s as though the order of the posts has been jumbled up. It appears to start with a reply from Brant, and wobbliscott, before getting to the question.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/46mm-vs-51mm-29er-fork-offset-help-deciding/

Maybe back then Brant was so frequently monitoring the forums that he would post up the answers even before they had been asked?

Cougar

We know about that.  Some old threads have the OP a few posts down.  Cheers though.

Cougar

Just reviewing my list,

It was reported that Classified posts didn’t appear under “topics started” in Profile.  Has that been fixed, or is it still outstanding?  (I just need one “yes” or “no”, not 57 people going “me too”…!)

Cheers.

bearnecessities

Yes, fixed.

simondbarnes

Singletracktech said that was fixed on Tuesday according to the other thread.

Cougar

Groovy, thank you.

Cougar

Another one from a while back,

Iphone posting a response still is a bit odd ie it zooms I’m so you loose the edges of the box, text does however now wrap back inside the visible screen

Yay or nay?

Drac

Testing yes it zooms in on the text box.

Cougar

Sorry bud, I’m not clear, does that mean there’s still an issue?

Drac

Yup still there.

kelvin

Yup, you can’t read all the post you’re editing (on iPhone) after a zoom.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[ edit – when you have an URL or long string ]

aracer
    Free Member

<span style=”font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>tjagain wrote:</span>

How on earth are yo supposed to quote now?  typing it in don’t work, hitting bolck quote don’t work?  How do I quote folk?

I’m using the extension “Quote” link 😉

Sorry – the fix for that isn’t quite ready for release into the wild yet (it will work really well when it is, but I’ve got a bit of fiddling to do).

edit: formatting stuff left to make the point of why it’s not ready yet

whitestone
    Free Member

The menu bar is transparent when I view the site on my iPad, only the bit with the links not the part with “Singletrack”

whitestone
    Free Member

Actually it only happens once you’ve scrolled down, the initial page load with the blue bar with “Profile | Messages | Log out” is fine.

Drac

What iOS and browser version Whitestone.

sbob
    Free Member

How on earth are yo supposed to quote now? typing it in don’t work, hitting block quote don’t work? How do I quote folk?

The feature was removed when it was discovered that none of us ever said anything worth repeating.

hammyuk
    Free Member

On Chrome on Mac you now have a “quote” next to the username.

Doesnt work.

lack of capitalisation on new line on latest IOS on phone still there.

Also whilst there is the little arrow to jump back to top on the bottom right on IOS there is nothing on Mac/Chrome

roger_mellie

‘Direct link’ option for postimage then.

aracer
    Free Member

hammyuk wrote:

On Chrome on Mac you now have a “quote” next to the username.

You’re not running the STW Chrome extension are you? Because I’m not aware that the site has ever had a native “quote” link there and it would be a strange place to put one given the current layout (I’d expect it to appear bottom right). The STW Chrome extension does however have such a link – a link which doesn’t work with the new clever reply box in any released version (I’m currently running an alpha version which kind of works).

kayak23

Any news on the missing but not forgotten ‘Forum Overview’ button at the end of a thread page?

I miss it dearly on mobile.

bruneep

@aracer can you post link for extension again please 

why did that go bold when i never clicked on  B button ?

zokes
    Free Member

Also, whilst you’re collating outstanding points Cougar, any chance of an update on whether we’re ever going to see:

a) A return to the “threads replied to” page

b) Hovering over a thread giving the name of the last poster (so you can see if anyone has replied)

midlifecrashes

Shop!

Went to shop clothing section looking for wooly hat or beanie, was surprised to be redirected to a random ad from the classified from weeks ago. I think some placeholder text would be more appropriate.

Cheers.

Cougar

@zokes They’re on the list.

aracer
    Free Member

Download link for extension:

https://goo.gl/6h9thV

Post with instructions:

Forum Update

I note that the “quote” button isn’t fixed in the version there – it’s not working well enough to release it (I think I know how to make it properly, but doing real work on a Sunday today, so sorry it’s not a high priority).

p.s. Instructions found by searching for download link using https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=002353871167780190211:ffna6g0opko – searching for that breaks the STW search!

aracer
    Free Member

Oh FFS – I can’t even post a link to a specific page of a thread without it getting broken – let’s try again:

Forum Update

edit: it’s at the top of page 29 – can we get the linking fixed, it’s horribly broken (I see the correct link in the edit box, but it strips the “page/29/” off the end when it’s posted)

Drac

Can you not?

Forum Update

Seems not.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Would it be possible to get links to the different forum sections on each page – maybe a drop down from the top nav bar?.
    As if I’ve read the last thread I want in chat, I have to go back, then open the forums page and then open the bike page.
    Page load times are a bit slow, so takes longer than it should

hammyuk
    Free Member

aracer – I’m not, couldn’t get that to work at all.

simondbarnes

As if I’ve read the last thread I want in chat, I have to go back, then open the forums page and then open the bike page.

I’ve just created 2 bookmarks on my bookmarks bar – bikes & chat.

aracer
    Free Member

Strange how people use the forums differently – I just view the forums all together, which saves any clicking on links.

Cougar

Would it be possible to get links to the different forum sections on each page – maybe a drop down from the top nav bar?.

It’s on the list.

Page load times are a bit slow, so takes longer than it should

See the “our forum” sticky.

Bez

Some randoms:

1. Probably been asked several times in the 63 preceding pages, but will the classifieds return to being sorted by date of thread creation rather than date of last reply? (It’s hard to keep track of at present.)

2. If it helps, on the editor quirks thing, on iOS (certainly 10, can test 11) if you type a post and then delete it, the autocorrect still thinks there’s some text in the field, as does selection (which may explain why it seems impossible to select text in the page once you’ve typed in the box). You probably already knew.

3. Why are people complaining about the sidebar having basically the same content it’s had for years? *boggle*

4. HANG IN THERE.

whitestone
    Free Member

@Drac

What iOS and browser version Whitestone.

iOS 7.1, Safari 7 Mobile

It’s an iPad 2 so quite old and I didn’t upgrade past iOS7 as versions 8 and beyond are too memory and processor intensive for it. I suspect it’s quite a low user base for something that’s that old. I wouldn’t worry about the bug unless you can replicate it on something newer.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.