Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fort William DH World Cup – Plans changed??? Accommodation available???
  • finners

Does any one have any accommodation free for Fort William DH World Cup weekend for the wife and I?

Spare room / cancelled plans etc etc Obviously i / we would pay. Really want to go and unfortunately our original plan  has fallen through.

I’ve dropped the ball on this and let the wife down. She muttered something about not getting to see Loic….. 😀

Help me STW, you’re my only hpe….

legend
    Free Member

Camp on the beach in Arisaig, use the Corpach park and ride on Sunday morning. This may be a tad weather dependent but it’s worked for me!

finners

And the evening crowd?

Northwind

If you look north of the fort you’re more likely to find something- people just seem to have a blind spot where nevis range is as far north as they can imagine going. And there’s a shuttle bus from spean bridge usually

Speeder

Stayed in a caravan park 12 years ago. They were dirt cheap pretty convenient location wise and had availability back then. I can’t imagine it’s much different now.  Might be worth a look though I can’t for the life of me remember the name or location so can’t be any more help than that really.

bri-72

Slight hijack, anyone know if ok to park a motorhome overnight at the rural complex? Is it charged for? How busy does it get will I get a space if arrive later in the day?

ta

hels
    Free Member

The rural complex is all used for event parking.  The circus rolls into town on about Tuesday so unless you get there a week before and cunningly camouflage your camper as part of the building (build a shed around it ?) I think they might spot you.

Back in the day I think a lot of people used to just sleep in their cars along the Glen Nevis road, but I think the local council have clamped down on That Kind Of Thing.  The town really does get full, we always book the year before (sorry to be smug).

As people have said, if you head a bit further north you might have some luck.

Also, there is usually a big field of dirty hippies free camping in a field about half a click south of the venue – I don’t know how official this is but it seems to be tolerated.  Although ownership of a camper van might make you The Man and they might throw carrots at you.

robbie
    Free Member

Sent you an email

easygirl

If you turn up at glen Nevis campsite on Friday night with motorhome you will get a spot, they don’t take bookings for that week, we e been last 6 years and always got a spot, nice campsite to boot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fort William DH World Cup – Plans changed??? Accommodation available???’ is closed to new replies.