Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Formula selva
  • jk1980
    Free Member

Has anyone got a formula selva R by any chance? As the reviews are fairly limited, was wondering what’s it like in the real world please?

riklegge

Test ridden a set which were excellent. Very sensitive, tunable, supportive mid stroke. I was incredibly impressed and would happily run them on my own bike.

sharkattack

You could probably ride one if you’re anywhere near Mojo HQ. Or try to get to one of their Geometron demo days where lots of the bikes have Formula forks.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thank you both

Rik – that sounds really positive, especially about the mid stroke, that was the main bit I was curious about.

Sharkattack – I have very briefly tried a set at mojo when buying my EXT Storia. Unfortunately I spent the session fiddling with the Storia but didn’t get a chance to really get into the setup of the Selvas. Mojo are great but as they don’t open at the weekends I can’t get to see them for ages as I’m pretty much out of holiday at work. So I think I’m likely to buy based on reviews this time around.

I suppose the million dollar question is would I be nuts to buy the Selva Rs over the Fox 36 Grip 2? They are pretty much the same price

Kamakazie

No you wouldn’t. All the top fotks are good at the moment.

sharkattack

I wish people would stop mentioning the EXT Storia. My Geometron looks like the poor relation to all the new ones with posh Italian suspension.

Anyway, this just happened- LINK

Does that make your desicion any easier, or harder?

jk1980
    Free Member

I’m not sure that CTS pack makes that much difference to me as it’s quite expensive to get all of those valves in one box.

The CTS system sounds great, but I’ve discovered after some research last night that the fork seems to be missing the usual LSC/HSC, there is just one progression adjuster which is perhaps putting me off slightly.

LAT

I believe selecting the the correct CTS gives you the comparison damping you need and the blue adjuster is for fine tuning.

Best bet, if you’ve not already, is to speak to mojo. I like my Selvia, though the fork it replaced was a 2012 FIT RLC 34 so far from cutting edge.

philstone

I used to have a Formula 35 – which was the predecessor to the Selva. It was a fantastic fork. I’d definitely wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Formula fork.. The small bump compliance is second to none, the closest I can get to it is with a Fox 36 EVOL and Luftkappe.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s good to know about the small bump compliance

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Formula selva’ is closed to new replies.