• This topic has 1,769 replies, 139 voices, and was last updated 16 hours ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,770 total)
  • Formula 1 2024 – WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS
  • the-muffin-man

If he’d looked left he would have seen his team mate steaming into him from that side too! C*ck!
    but you can’t criticise the bosses son.

the-muffin-man

Race On!! 🤣🤣

come on Lando!!!

the-muffin-man

Can someone punch Crofty!!! 🤬🤬🤬

nickewen
    Free Member

I’m shouting very bad words at the telly about Crofty!

nickewen
    Free Member

Absolutely tremendous stuff that
    👏

andy4d

First time in a long time that I have watched a race  from start to finish. I actually quite enjoyed it for once. Well done Lando.

Twodogs

Very nice 😁

Kryton57

Yes!  Great for McLaren and Lando!

the-muffin-man

**** AWESOME!!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳😱😱😱😱😱

multi21
    Free Member

Get in!!

j4mie
    Free Member

F1 living up to its reputation of being boring and predictable with Max running off into the distance.

dawson

Yes Lando! Beat him on true pace.

rOcKeTdOg

That was fun! Dropping Max by 7 seconds was awesome

jimster01

Just seen the yt highlights, very dusty here.

vlad_the_invader
    grahamt1980

The smell of trump was so overpowering Lando had to drive that fast for the wind to clear it

andy4d

I think it was the allure of all that orange that drew him in to the McLaren garage.

Bruce

Well done Lando!

Bez

Nice race. Refreshing to see Max genuinely struggling in that car.

I’m going to make a wild prediction, too, based almost entirely on how relaxed Hamilton has looked for the past week or so: I’ll put a couple of quid on Ferrari making a Newey announcement at Imola. There, I’ve said it.

thepurist

Great result! See, Newey quits and the team falls apart.

Anyone else struggle with red text on a black background for the Ferrari whinge radio? It’s known to be one of the least accessible colour combinations for text, so I’m surprised they went with it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Anyone else struggle with red text on a black background for the Ferrari whinge radio? – Glad you mentioned this, I thought it was my eyes. I gnored it the first time but then they were having whole conversations I couldn’t properly hear or read.

nickc

Yeah, it’s a good idea to have conversations in team colours , less impressive in the actual real life though. I thought it was just my teeny telly that made it harder.

multi21
    Free Member

nickcFull Member
    Yeah, it’s a good idea to have conversations in team colours , less impressive in the actual real life though. I thought it was just my teeny telly that made it harder.

There are a few naff graphics at the moment.  My personal bugbear is the “BATTLE FOR 5th” that they sometimes show.  Fine, highlight the two drivers names, but why hide the timing & tyres at exactly the most critical time?

boltonjon

the worse graphic is the little floaty box super-imposed above the cars as they are racing side-by-side

Painfully dreadful!

Kryton57

the worse graphic is the little floaty box super-imposed above the cars

IMG_0053

nickc

the worse graphic is the little floaty box super-imposed above the cars as they are racing side-by-side

My wife watches maybe 1 in 10 races, she really likes it. I reckon it must be pretty annoying if you’re racing to have a wee floaty sign with your initials on it hovering over your car. Very distracting

imnotverygood

While we are at it, my own personal bugbear is when they switch to the driver’s POV as an overtake is happening. You can’t see what is going on. Either the car in front disappears from view or you sit there looking at an empty track and suddenly the nose of the car behind appears. It gives you know idea of what is actually taking place.

pipm1
    Free Member

The line they draw when in drivers-eye view, with a measure of the distance to the car ahead, is a smidgen more annoying than the driver name that floats above the car. But it doesn’t appear often.

Maybe they’ll bring in ghost car graphics, so they can show far ahead/behind they are. Then how many lives they’ve got left. 😀

j4mie
    Free Member

I wish they’d show overall times behind the leader for everyone, would save me having to add several interval times together.

multi21
    Free Member

Let’s be honest, it looks shite, but the current cars look pretty shite anyway so we may as well go all in.

jimster01

*Checks calendar *^

No, it’s not April 1st

thols2

It does look ****, but if it’s a choice between a wet race with cars that look **** or no race, I’ll take the cars that look ****.

nixie

Hmm they appear to have picked to wrong day to test those.

multi21
    Free Member

thols2
    It does look ****, but if it’s a choice between a wet race with cars that look **** or no race, I’ll take the cars that look ****

Exactly

nixie
    Hmm they appear to have picked to wrong day to test those.

I believe they’re also re-evaluating Bernie’s sprinker idea 😉

multi21
    Free Member

Not gonna claim to be an expert on such matters, but it doesn’t look like they work brilliantly

danposs86

There goes a 2 second pit stop when the track dries out!

nickc

That looks quite a lot less spray though

spray

I know its hard to compare, we don’t know track conditions or speed, but I think the idea is just to reduce the amount of spray, not to try to eliminate it altogether

sharkbait
    Free Member

I would imagine just the car moving over the surface will create a certain amount of spray regardless of what comes off the wheels.

How the hell do they chance wheels?

[Ans: slowly]

thols2

I think the idea is just to reduce the amount of spray, not to try to eliminate it altogether

It’s not possible to eliminate it, some of it comes from the diffuser, but they don’t know how much. They are testing different packages to try to understand the problem better. It may prove to be impossible to reduce it enough to race in really wet conditions.

multi21
    Free Member

There are shots online showing the mudguards do push the front wheel spray outboard quite nicely compared to running without. However the rear axle is still kicking up a massive rooster tail from the diffuser etc.

edit – pic, front car only has guards

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,770 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.