Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fork & Shock Tuning/Setup In Person?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Does anyone offer this? I turn up with my bike and someone knowledgeable sets up the suspension to be perfect? There seems to be a lot of hit and miss doing it myself so I’d quite like to get someone who is an expert to help me get the best out of my £XXXs worth of suspension!

Dave

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a bike shop?
    Guide/Coach?

I think TF offered the service a while ago but not sure now.

akak
    Free Member

Something like this? http://www.mojo.co.uk/pbc.html

I would have thought most coaches would do it for a lot less though.

slackalice
    Free Member

Suspension is all so subjective, in other words, what feels good to one rider may feel awful to another. It may be that all you need is a clearer understanding of what the functions do, individually and collectively.

It may well be that a skills day on a private 1 to 1 basis focussing on suspension set up would be your solution and you get the added value of improving any riding/handling skills at the same time? I’m not sure if any of the coaches out there offer this, so would be keen to hear if any do.

Alternatively, whilst it may not be ideal in terms of a ‘fun’ ride, go out for a day and pick a section of trail that you can ride over and over, making adjustments with each pass. The important thing with this method is to only make one adjustment at a time and make notes after each run. Laborious but well worth doing. Also remember that different trail conditions will determine differing set ups, if you want to get really anal about it!

Personally, I still get massively confused by what high and low speed compression actually means! I’m going to be booking myself a skills day for later this spring, when I’ve got some fitness and strength back and was hoping to include some time on set up within the day, hopefully with someone like Jedi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fork & Shock Tuning/Setup In Person?’ is closed to new replies.