Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Force1 11 speed shifter- knackered internals- anything else that will fit in?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

In an effort to get to the bottom of why my CX bike occasionally failed to shift, and then needed the cable rethreaded in the shifter, I’ve opened up the RH shifter (11 speed) and found that its buggered….its a Force1 hydraulic shifter on my CX bike.

The red circular part you can see rotates, holds/releases each gear against a detent, and also grips the cable- the ‘gate’ that holds the end of the cable in place had cracked on both sides. Occasionally the cable-end must have been escaping out of it under pressure, meaning that shifting would fail.

Anyway- the gate has more or less fallen apart. Which is crap. Would anyone know whether other 11-speed SRAM shifter internals would fit in? (Its hydraulic also, otherwise I’d just buy a new shifter.)

Failing that, I could drop down to a 10 speed shifter (hydro) if these were available easily enough?

thanks all-

codybrennan
    Free Member

Can’t link to the image…here it is (if you’re interested):

View post on imgur.com

simondbarnes

Can you not warranty it?

codybrennan
    Free Member

Not sure. I bought the bike second hand in April 18, and it was about 6 months old at that point.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Force1 11 speed shifter- knackered internals- anything else that will fit in?’ is closed to new replies.