Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Footbolt for a Pike
  • roverpig

I turned my bike upside down yesterday and was surprised to see that the bolt at the bottom of the air side leg (footbolt?) was missing. I guess I didn’t do it up tight enough at the last service. I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells this simple item.

Alternatively, who is recommended for servicing these days? It could probably do with a full service and I guess they’d have the bolts as well.

mahalo

:O when was the last service!?

im sure LBS will have one, or the suspension service people – mine are away at J-tech right now.

Yetiman
    Free Member

You’re in Aberdeenshire aren’t you? If so it’s maybe worth checking if this chap is still doing servicing work.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1026059/?fbclid=IwAR2bN_pgxQNCLI3dqLu_8giKCNsNJw2S816xtDQAQ156TCnS7CE1Q7CAksk

I used him a few times before he moved to Canada but he appears to be back now.

roverpig

Thanks both,

I did a lower leg service a couple of months ago (and obviously didn’t do that bolt up tight enough) but I’ve not ridden that bike much recently.

I’ve always found these Pikes pretty harsh on chattery stuff so was thinking of getting a full service done anyway. Since that little bolt seems impossible to source, maybe that is going to be my best option. Especially if there is someone local who can do it.

docgeoffyjones

Is it just a plain bolt with a crush washer to stop the lower leg oil leaking on the spring side? I have one from an old coil pike which you are welcome to if you think it will work it is M8 x1.25 and 16mm long?

roverpig

Great. Thanks. I’ll have a rifle through the jar of old bolts in the shed. I guess it’s possible that I’ve got one in there anyway.

bigyan
    Free Member

For the air side some bolts have a crush washer retainer groove in them, some are just plain bolt and use a crush washer retainer which is fitted slid onto the bolt.

Older service kits came with new foot bolts.

A workshop that does suspension service will probably have a box of them

You can see the different types and get the part numbers from this US site if you want a bolt kit.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/collections/rockshox/adjuster-knob-external-hardware

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Footbolt for a Pike’ is closed to new replies.