Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Football sorry..Barton What a pen…..
  • Swelper
    Free Member

nough said……

BoardinBob

FAO Joey Barton: Never go full retard

donsimon
    Free Member

nough said……

I beg to differ.

brakes
    Free Member

funny though.
    I expected the police to cart him off in handcuffs.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

gave as good as he was given

i like barton

hilldodger
    Free Member
    Swelper
    Free Member

don why do you differ, in my opinion his conduct was a disgrace today.

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t actually understand what you’re trying to say as there appear to be some words missing. 😐

Pigface
    Free Member

In a rugby match recently a scumbag called Callum Clark recently broke a guys arm. It was a deliberate act and he only got banned for 32 weeks.

Barton will get a slap on the wrist and be playing next season.

Seems there is no sense in sport anymore.

Swelper
    Free Member

LOL probably cos the beer is kicking in….. 😆

I just found his conduct disgraceful today ho hum

Time for another beer me thinks, one more honest for the road……..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what i saw was tevez have a go, barton react, tevez go down like a ****,

ill assume aguero provoked by saying something

athgray
    Free Member

It’s all a bit hand bags at dawn and a bit embarassing for grown men to act the same way my kids do at a soft play centre. Barton is an idiot but for Aguerro to go down like he has been shot after a knee in the arse is cringeworthy.

Rorschach
    Free Member

What I saw was a bunch of talentless moronic thugs who’d be better off being shot…..

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Thats how utter crap football is, a load of fannys mincing around, acting and dramatising any little touch or incident. And setting a very bad example to ALL young and up coming sports persons.

donsimon
    Free Member

LOL probably cos the beer is kicking in…..

😆 Salud!
    Haven’t really seen it and not too sure I want to either, all in all not a good day for sport in my eyes…

PrinceJohn

From Barton’s twitter feed –

Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don’t think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me….

Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe……….and that is all that matters.

Think a few people are forgetting Tevez started the fracas by throwing a punch to the head…?

wrecker
    Free Member

Funny how all the shit is directed at Barton. Tevez deserves a ban equal to any barton gets.

cb

This is the guy who smashed a teenagers face in during a town centre ruck, stubbed a cigar out in a team mate’s face and kicked another team mate in the face during training. If he evers plays again, it’ll be too soon…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rorschach, much though I despise soccer, I think that might be a little harsh.

donsimon
    Free Member

Tevez deserves a ban equal to any barton gets.

Couldn’t he just get away with time served?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Thats how utter crap football is

bollocks

the whole afternoon, start to finish today was utterly amazing

brakes
    Free Member

The FA shouldn’t really let Barton play, he’s a liability.
    If I was chairman/ coach of a Premiership team I wouldn’t have him at my club.

+1
    this afternoon rekindled my like of football

bigbloke
    Free Member

what a dick

wrecker
    Free Member

Almost. Then tevez swung at Barton and fell over when he reacted. Reminded me why I stopped watching all those years ago. Shame, great day otherwise.

Swelper
    Free Member

I stand to be corrected, but the SKY commentator/s commentated Barton would be lucky to be playing premiership again

theotherjonv

aww, c’mon. You’re just hating it because you want to hate it. It’s not as if Hollywood actors are a perfect bunch, or rugby players, or boxers, or cyclists, or athletes………

But you’ll struggle to find a more compelling drama than that in any of those arenas. Real edge of the seat stuff. Closest I can remember in recent memory was Edgbaston 2005.

wrecker
    Free Member

I honestly cannot think of another sport where participants cheat so blatantly of regularly as football. There’s too much money involved IMO.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wrecker, there’s far more cheating in rugby, but that’s rather in the nature of the game.

The pathetic play acting/diving rubbish in much professional soccer is a disgrace to the word ‘sport however, and sadly damages what could be a good game. The stupid money and corruption involved does very little to help.

As a game, soccer is rather good. As a sporting business it is vile.

CaptJon
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    I honestly cannot think of another sport where participants cheat so blatantly of regularly as football.

Cycling – they are all on drugs
    Rugby – constant digs and stamps
    F1 – not filling your tank up properly, running others off the road
    Cricket – appealing for stuff you know isn’t out, not walking when you know you are

Bear
    Free Member

Wrecker – good point, the cheating etc is terrible in football, yes it is bad in other sports too but not to the same level.

The most staggering thing about all of it is someone made him captain as he had to remove the armband! Wrong at the top down then!

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker, there’s far more cheating in rugby, but that’s rather in the nature of the game.

No there’s not. Not even close.

As a game, soccer is rather good. As a sporting business it is vile.

Agreed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bear, top down is the issue. John Terry, for example, racist allegations but no action has been taken yet. In any other sport, that would have been dealt with almost immediately.

wrecker
    Free Member

Again, CFH; agreed

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I stand to be corrected, but the SKY commentator/s commentated Barton would be lucky to be playing premiership again

it was meant to be a death knell for qpr, they dissapear into the championship, bolton were 2-1 up at the time as well

theotherjonv

Agree with a lot of the above. But don’t let a few bad apples ruin what has been a particularly tasty barrel this season.

Bear
    Free Member

In cricket the appealing is not as bad as it was because of reviews, and it is only that an appeal. In a four day game you might have 5 or 6 contentious appeals, in 90 mins of football the pitch will ice over every few minutes for someone to slip over!

More of an issue in cricket would be ball tampering as it is common place, however doesn’t affect the game nearly as much.

Swelper
    Free Member

Curve ball but do footballers play for passion of the sport or for the celebrity culture…..

wrecker
    Free Member

Ummmm I’m guessing the money.
    Football is not beyon saving though. Send a team back 10 yards for desent, cite cheats retrospectively (diving etc), video officials would all contribute to a fairer and more marketable game. IMO.
    I’d start watching again.

theotherjonv

I’m sure a large majority realise exactly how lucky they are to be paid for kicking a bag of wind round a field for 90 mins a week. But they don’t make such good press. Sure, they enjoy the riches that come with it but I’m pretty sure they also know what a privileged life they have.

A few are absolute morons, and will always be the ones you read about because they sell papers.

All are paid to win and many will exercise whatever tactics they can to do that. It’s a purely results driven business. Just because someone goes down a bit easily when in the box, it doesn’t make them a bad person. It (sadly, I’ll agree) is part of the game now. A part I’d like to see stamped out but all the while it drives results and is hence condoned / encouraged by their managers, colleagues, etc., it’s part of the game.

eg: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1227047/EXCLUSIVE-Chelsea-striker-Didier-Drogba-pledges-3m-build-hospital-Ivory-Coast-homeland.html

http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/

http://jasonrobertsfoundation.com/index.htm

http://www.jamiecarragher23.co.uk/cw/JC23/pages/23Foundation.htm

loum
    Free Member

It was pantomimme cheating.
    Unfortunately it’s part of the game now, like american wrestling. That’s what the tv and media companies thrive on, controversy, drama and OUTRAGE! so its here to stay. The more money and media coverage involved, the worse it gets. Its spreading to other games too, rugby’s one.
    But nobody had their arm snapped backwards, their eyes gouged, their balls grabbed, or a shoulder dislocated by being thrown at the ground by two people.
    Its hard to quantify the amount of cheating in sports, but its easy to see one where real damage is done by pre-meditated violence that deserves locking up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Football sorry..Barton What a pen…..’ is closed to new replies.