Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Food for thought – Loosing family
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

Not sure really if this the right thing to do but I feel like I need let some of it go.

My brother has been climbing in Peru the last month with his climbing partner, his partner got ill so my brother decided to do a solo mountain climb which he told us he was doing and his partner, when he got the national park he signed in to do a long distance trekking route which us and his partner didn’t know about so my partner raised the Alarm as he had not returned from this long distance route. So they found out he did this long distance route and he wasn’t due back for another day, later that day the guides went up to search the mountain he told us he was climbing and found his sleeping bag and some other gear at the base of the peak. So this means that he has been to climb the shorter mountain peak which means he is over due by over 5 days.

They are starting a new rescue team that is going out earlier today so search the whole of the hill.

Sorry for my English but i’m in a state and for the heavy reading but I just need support

garage-dweller

Can’t offer anything but best wishes. Hope you get some good news soon.

kennyp
    Free Member

Fingers crossed and hope it all comes good. If it is any consolation, your brother sounds like a pretty skilled and capable climber. Could be he has hit some bad weather and decided the sensible thing to do I’d sit it out.

timtak
    Free Member

Are you sure he did not double back from the longer route and the climb the shorter peak on his way back, knowing that he is not due back for another day?

Earl
    Free Member

You have my wishes

mogrim

Can’t add much, but best wishes and fingers crossed!

midlifecrashes

Best wishes, hope he turns up.

Diane
    Free Member

Keep the faith – hoping for a good outcome

piemonster

Hard to know what to say. Other than I genuinely hope things turn out for the good.

anagallis_arvensis

Dont know what to say really but I am hoping for the best.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lordy, you and your family must be beside yourselves with worry. 🙁 Hope everything works out ok.

jamj1974

Hoping for a positive outcome.

Take care,

J

Shorty121
    Free Member

timtak – that is a possibility so hopefully the rescue team find something.

Yeah its a tough situation as we can’t do anything from this side.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thisnis a really tough situation. My thoughts are with you and my hopes for a good outcome

scotroutes

Hope it turns out OK.

FWIW, a few days ago, a tent was found “abandoned” in Torridon and there were searches for the unknown, missing walker – only it turned out he wasn’t missing at all, he was doing some geological survey of the mountainside and turned up safe and sound, wondering what all the fuss was about.

http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2013/07/29/police-solve-mystery-of-abandoned-beinn-eighe-tent

gordimhor

Terrible situation just hope for the best

Shorty121
    Free Member

Thanks guys this is helping I will keep you update whatever the news

luffy105
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for a safe return

Alphabet

You must be beside yourself with worry. Fingers crossed for his safe return.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Stay calm, keep hope.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Been at work today just so i’m busy and hopefully I will keep busy.

Bunnyhop

Fingers crossed for you shorty.
    Don’t give up hope.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hoping everything is ok Shorty121

Pook

Any news?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Sorry to tell you people but today they are calling off the search due to the weather and will be continuing later this week to recover the body.

Anyone doing this extreme sports please continue to do them as that’s what you love doing but please take caution as being through this has made me realize how much it hurts.

Thanks for the support

scotroutes

Gutted for you mate. Like you say, you have to live your life to the full and sometimes being close to death makes what you do with your life much more important.

kimbers

sorry to hear that shorty, all the best

ampthill

Terrible news and sound advice

Markie
    Free Member

So sorry.

Just ask should you need support, it’s here.

seavers
    Free Member

I Can’t begin to imagine what its has been like for you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

crikey
    Free Member

Bad news fella.

‘How you gonna come?
    With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?’

People who die doing the things they love are people who live, and there is a huge difference between living and being alive.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Some people live, some people exist. Sounds like your brother was one of those that lived his life.

Look after yourself.

Bunnyhop

shorty121 – so very sorry.

Shorty121
    Free Member

It is very true that he wasn’t someone for sitting around, he was someone that would give anything a go even if he wasn’t good at it. I’m glad he was doing something he enjoyed when he wasn’t climbing he was reading about it suppose I a bit like us but mot obsessive haha.

takisawa2

Sorry for your loss mate.
    Puts things into perspective…

solarpowered
    Free Member

….with you….

RustySpanner

Sorry to hear that mate – thoughts are with you.

jamj1974

Dreadful news Shorty121. Thinking of you and yours. I have a brother and I can’t imagine losing him – this must be so incredibly hard for you.

Take care,

J

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Shorty – sorry to hear this. Is there any hope that he is sheltering somewhere? If not, I am very sorry and hope there is comfort in what you say about his love of the mountains. Best wishes. THM.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Update.

Thank you for all your support, as you have probably heard on the radio and in the newspaper about the situation. They stopped the search a couple of days a go due to bad weather conditions and will be going back up to search for the body later this week, I would like to thank the guides in Peru for trying so hard which they currently lost one of the guides on rescue for my brother so please think about his family as well.

Every sport is dangerous and I don’t want to put people off doing what they enjoy but please take some precautions to make sure they arrive home safely.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Food for thought – Loosing family’ is closed to new replies.