Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Folding tables with chairs attached for camping etc..
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Got my first family car-camping trip coming up at the end of august. It’ll be the first time the clan have all camped together: the big tent usually only gets used for bikign weekends with mates.

anyway, need to get a table and chairs sorted. Wondering about something like this:
    as the car is going to be fully loaded and these things look like they pack down well, and will be tidy in the tent as the chairs can’t get strewn around the place.

but I can’t help thinking it’ll not last…

Are any of them any good?

wwaswas

They’re not great, in my experience, and most seemed to be designed for child sized people.

We’ve found a separate table and chairs is far more flexible as you can use the chairs to sit round on the rest of the time too.

the-muffin-man

We use one of these…

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/4-person-table-with-seats-id_8303444.html

…the one you’ve pictured always look very flimsy to me.

LoCo
    Free Member

Borrowed one s of those last week, ok for children too small for me, and very flimsy, bits started falling of it and was checking before mealtimes to to make sure it wasn’t going to collapse 👿

nickjb
    Free Member

We’ve got the one pictured by the OP. My wife really likes it as it gives a good sitting position. Better for eating, actually quite comfortable. It does seem a bit flimsy but it hasn’t broken yet. We got it free, not sure I’d buy one

jackthedog
    Free Member

I’ve eaten a meal at one of those folding tables pictured in the OP.

All I can say is:

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thought as much.

Cheers.

One of these sets is tempting:

the-muffin-man

One more point – you are camping – there’s no need to sit at a table as if you are having a Sunday roast!

Junkyard
    Free Member

the main issue with them is making sure they are on level ground

It is the unevenness of the ground that creates the problems IME rather than the design well that and STW is full of plumpsters who cannot get their beellies under the table and exceed the weight tolerance of the product

It does need to be in very level ground

wwaswas

they are great as an activity table for the kids if you have the space for it. Keeps all the mess in one place and gives them a flat surface to do colouring or whatever.

I’d echo the level ground bit, too. Although my problem was knee, not belly clearance.

brakes
    Free Member

Given how small they pack up, how cheap they are (£20), how light they are, and how easy they are to assemble I’ve found them to be great.
    If you need something better you’d have to spend more.

andytherocketeer

They are small. We sussed out that with the hole in the middle, you could fit a pyrotechnic rocket motor 😈 so we did, and launched it, and it crashed and smashed.

Now have a proper sized alu folding table, with roll out slatted top. Doesn’t really pack down though, and in my car I need to put it on back seat, or put splitfold down to fit it in, so not exactly practical (fine with caravan etc, or a bigger car. But it is 100x sturdier.

brassneck

They’re not great, in my experience, and most seemed to be designed for child sized people.

Have one of the pictured ones, and it’s great for the kids and perfectly sturdy enough for them. 4 adults, nah. The hole in the middle holds an anti mossie flare quite well too

iainc

we have one, and as above, quite handy, good for kids, ok for adults if not too ‘large’ and table on decent ground. We use it on most trips as it folds very small and gives useful space. We also take a stand alone table and seperate chairs.

steve-g
    Free Member

I have the table pictured in the op, I bought it expecting it to be one of those camping things that are a good idea but badly delivered and that is not the case.

As long as you set it up properly fully locking all bits in place, and then put it on flat ground it is fine. We had a full on tea party with bone china cups and saucers, cake plates the lot, using one for one of the checkpoints on a 100k ultra, worked perfectly for 4 adults.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Folding tables with chairs attached for camping etc..’ is closed to new replies.