• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • FoD Wild Boar Chase – this Sunday!
  • Alpha1653

Bonjour all!

Just thought I’d start a roll call of anyone taking part in the Forest of Dean Wild Boar Chase this weekend? I’m entered for the Full Boar. Has anyone got any experience of the route? 32lb 150mm full susser or 22lb fully rigid?!

rsmythe
    Free Member

Will this event still take place next year when over half the boar have been shot?

Wild Boar Cull

mokl
    Free Member

650b unicycle?

If it was me I’d definitely take the rigid – think it’s more of a mile cruncher.

guystabler
    Free Member

Nothing technical last year. Lightweight would be best.

Alpha1653

Rigid it is then – look out for a worried bloke wearing a 559 Bikes jersey and riding a blue retro Kona… 🙂

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    Gonna do the full boar.
    Was gonna take the full sus 29er but might take the hardtail.
    What the hills like?
    Any extended drags?
    Thanx,
    Max

amt27
    Free Member

Will this event still take place next year when over half the boar have been shot?

Wild Boar Cull

Wild Boar are regularly culled in the FoD, they breed too quickly as they have been bred with domesticated pigs and hence produce large litters,

it makes a lot of money for the bankrupt forestry commission, 300 culls at £200 per boar to a game dealer, you do the maths

widge34
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be doing it, but depends whether I still have my bike.

Alpha1653

Widge: that begs the question – what’s going to happen to your bike between now and Sunday?!

widge34
    Free Member

It maybe sold.

takisawa2

I happened across a herd/pack/gang (whatever the collective terminology is for Boar’s); quite close to Whitemead when I snook out of the caravan to ride the trail centre early one morning. Didn’t seem the least bit bothered by me taking a waz a few metres away.
    As a sign of my man the hunter prowess, I had a bacon roll when I got back from the ride.

kedmun
    Free Member

I happened across a herd/pack/gang

FYI – family groups called sounders

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep I’m in should be on the new 29er ht if the mech hanger and rear axle appear, if not the Remedy which will be a pain in the bum 👿

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘FoD Wild Boar Chase – this Sunday!’ is closed to new replies.