Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • FoD today any trails that meet up at various places?
  • weeksy

Off to FoD shortly so my lad can do a day with Katy Curd training.
    Mrs Weeksy coming along too. But looking for ideas on a few trails where say a red and blue start in same place and finish a bit further down at the same area so one of us can do 1 run, the other do the opposing run but end up together again.

I don’t know the place very well but would be nice if we can both have our fun.

CheesybeanZ

No , not really.
    The Verders and Freeminers are separate trails , you’ve done I think from previous posts .
    I think there’s 1 separate very short section on Verders .

doomanic

The DH trails all start in the same place and finish fairly close together. Countdown into Launchpad is pretty innocuous for your wife to ride while you hit the other gnarlier trails.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Lucky lad, Katy’s coaching worked for me better than other (justifiably) highly regarded  training providers.  Hope he has a good day.

The end of the blue does cross the start of all the marked downhill runs if you fancied doing those whilst your Mrs does the bulk of the blue then you could join her for the fun bit.  Or take her down launch pad which is nice and smooth if I am remembering the correct trail (the name only comes into play at high speed)

rsl1
    Free Member

Technically he didn’t specify which one of them needs the easier trails 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

No, but I remember previous posts about Mrs Weeksy being more novice.  Of course I may still be a sexiest beast😀

joebristol

Yeah the DH runs all start at broadly the same place although they finish spread across a small area. Red and blue start and finish at the same place but apart from one shared climb if you do the freeminers extension thy eye don’t really cross over too much.

The blue does cross with the fireroad at the top of the DH trails – it’s quite a long way round the blue before you get to the final downhill section of it.

There’s also the skills area with a pump track / little jump line (small tables) / little drops line – that’s quite an easy place to meet up.

argee

To be fair, the red (freeminers) and the blue (verderers) aren’t really that much different in terms of technical stuff, the red has a bit more of a technical/steep climb up, the blue has the much better descent at the end, unless you’re doing extended red the blue is twice as long, so i’d just do verderers together, the only reason i think freeminers is deemed a red is due to all the roots, and they’re only problematic in the wet.

ready

FOD also has the skills area, which is good fun to mess about on together for a while

v7fmp

I take it the car parks etc are all open at FoD? As heading over there on Saturday.

argee

Yeah, carpark has been open for the last 3 weeks, it gets pretty busy though as everyone seems to be going there due to other places being shut.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Dowies and shutcastle are tamer than the downhill runs Freeminers has a lot of roots on it and a bit muddy at present theres loads of XC stuff.

weeksy

THanks all.

We all had a great day, especially the small ones who were being trained. I don’t think this MTB thing is for Mrs Weeksy though. You know that face when you ask someone “how was that…” and they look at you with the “£$$£% off ” face… yeah i got that face more than once yesterday.

But overall it was an excellent day out.

dakuan
    Free Member

Are the toilets open at the cafe?

weeksy

Portaloos, main toilets shut.

csb

Is it possible to drive to the FoD across the old bridge and Chepstow at the moment? Is the Welsh Govt rhetoric on being closed just that?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Loos are open at Beechinghurst been for while.

fadda

@csb – you’ll be fine going over the bridge

csb

Thanks @fadda

doomanic

Toilets open at Mallards Pike Lake too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘FoD today any trails that meet up at various places?’ is closed to new replies.